Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new 2010 accent. But... I don't want to change the radio. I love the one it comes with. I heard there was an attachment that you could use to hook up the subwoofers to it, but I don't know what it is, what it's called, where I could get it, or even what it looks like

My subs are just sitting there in my living room looking pretty...

Help me!?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It's called a line level converter. It converts the powered speaker signal to something the amplifier can safely use.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i got one for about 10 bucks at the car audio place ....... hooked my system up and the module for 45 bucks .........baller!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yea. Good idea. I know somebody who has them.
Does anyone have a link to one that gives enough power? I went to walmart yesterday, and they had one. The only problem was that the one I found only gives out 80 watts. My amp is 300. I need one with 300 watts or more.

·
Registered
222 Posts
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Jun 20 2010, 08:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334781
Never mind. I got it. It was $20 at Advence Auto. I didn't put it in yet. Possibly next weekend.
I can take a pic of what wires you need to tap in to if you need it because i had a guy install it on my stock radio when i first got it.
Now i have a aftermarket radio.
Just P.M. me if you need pics.

·
Registered
222 Posts

Take this off

There are 3 of these

Once that is off

Take this off

Almost there

CRAP EVERY WHERE!!!

The audio wiring

Find these white/light brown

Not to hard

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay. So I took a look, and realized that they're not already capped off like yours. I'm guessing you caped yours off. Anyway, my output converter that I got has two right and two left inputs. I'm a little confused. And there's multiple white and brown wires.

Sorry. I know nothing about audio.

Is there any way of knowing which brown and which white one to use?
And should I splice them, or just cut them off, and strip them?

[attachment=19047:0626001141.jpg] [attachment=19048:0626001139.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Easy, you've got one left + and one left -, one right + and one right -, the you're RCA outputs to the AMP. The brown wire you can ground.

Just tap the positive and negative of each side speakers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I believe all you need to do is just put white to left (-) then brown to right (+)
Try that out to see if you get some rumble in the back
Then if that does not work then try brown to right (-) white to left (+)

If you had two channels then your subs would move at two different times, if your going to have multiple ones, which will make it sound really weird and not hit so hard

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I got all that done just now. Everything is done accept for two things.

1. Where does the blue remote wire connect? I really don't want to have to take my facia off because I scratched the **** out of my dash in my old accent. Is there anywhere down by the audio wires where I could connect it? Please tell me. I'm getting really frustrated with this.
[attachment=19321:0711001436.jpg]

and 2. (Not a big issue right now) I can't get my power wire through the firewall. Is there any techniques to do so? Is it just straight? If so, maybe I could try to get a thin rod, tie the end of the wire to the end of the rod and force it through like that?

Sorry for all the questions and stupidity, I just want this done, and don't know jack about audio. ... and I want this done right. Not like in my old accent where I ran the power wire through the door and fender to get it under the hood.

Oh! and Blood Ninja: when you said quick splices, I thought you meant something else. Sorry. I got them now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Under the passenger side A pillar trim there should be a pink wire you can tap. It's the power wire to the antenna.

You can use a steel coat hanger with electric tape on the end (to prevent damaging any wire) to fish your wiring through the firewall harness. Once it's through, tape your wire to it really good and pull. Make things as smooth as possible so it doesn't catch on anything.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Jul 11 2010, 05:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340806
This one here?
[attachment=19322:0711001659.jpg]

Tried it. Didn't work. :(
Errr that would be the floor wiring harness. I said behind the passenger side A pillar. You know, the gray trim between the dash and headliner, right on the windshield. That's the A pillar.

This is the driver's side A pillar removed. The wiring you need to tap in on the passenger side. The trim has a bolt at the top and the rest is clipped.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts