Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow this has been on January to remember in Ohio. I have been out on the roads and have see many cars stuck, can't start, people having issues with their cars yet haven't seen any Hyundai's on the side of the road or hanging on a tow truck. Yesterday I was at the mall and saw four high priced cars getting jumps new cars.

The Azera is running like a champ. No issues! Starts right up and man after a few minutes the heated seats kick in and the heat in the car...well you just don't want to get out. Couldn't be any happier. Well I take it back. I like to see some sun and temps back in the 50s. Next week looks like more sub zero temps.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Same here... -5F this morning.... -18F a couple of weeks ago. The Azera starts and runs great. No issues.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The remote start on the iPhone helps a lot. It is great to be able to start the car from my office that is quite a distance from where I park. 10 minutes of run time doesn't get it warmed up in this weather. But I can be warm a lot faster than from a cold start.

·
22,793 Posts
...after a few minutes the heated seats kick in and the heat in the car...well you just don't want to get out.
You can say that, again! It's on my "must have" list for future purchase.

Remember it is global warming ��������
So, that's what it is. :grin: I guess if we compare this weather to Antarctica, we should be thankful, yes?

·
Registered
262 Posts
i didnt have no issue but i like the heated seats and bluelink app on the iphone 15 min before i get out i start the car and when i get in the car its nice and worm really like my azera

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Suppose to be cold again here early next week with highs around 0F. It's a good year for long underwear and 0w20 oil.

·
22,793 Posts
^^^ Never considered the effect this weather would have on the "long handle's" manufacturers. Overtime, anyone? That comment about "highs around 0F?" I fail to see any relation to the term "high" in that figure! If that's a HIGH, I don't want to see the LOW! :eek:

And as to you "poor, frozen" Florida folks suffering in your mid-40 temps. Well...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Here is the forecast for the next 5 days in the area I live -5 -10 -20 -15 -8
My Azera and Elantra GT are handling these temps beautifully NO PROBLEMS
Today strong NW winds blowing snow high +7
NOW the good news we are halfway through Winter :=)

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
^^^ Never considered the effect this weather would have on the "long handle's" manufacturers. Overtime, anyone? That comment about "highs around 0F?" I fail to see any relation to the term "high" in that figure! If that's a HIGH, I don't want to see the LOW! :eek:

And as to you "poor, frozen" Florida folks suffering in your mid-40 temps. Well...
Sad when you have to bring things in from your deck to your freezer just to keep them warm:)

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Here is the forecast for the next 5 days in the area I live -5 -10 -20 -15 -8
My Azera and Elantra GT are handling these temps beautifully NO PROBLEMS
Today strong NW winds blowing snow high +7
NOW the good news we are halfway through Winter :=)
In Wisconsin do you ever get used to this?

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Remember it is global warming ????
I guess if we compare this weather to Antarctica, we should be thankful, yes?
In truth it is AGW. Excessive warm fronts drive hard into the NP region. That's one reason why the NP has been over their normal temperatures for years. But there are few people in the NP region to holler about their igloos melting. At the same time, the energetic warm fronts push Arctic cold, that has been in darkness for months, hard to the south, where populations of people can bellyache about their cold toes.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
-43 I think I would move. I have issues with -9 wind chill at -20. There is no way I could live it a place that was -43.

·
22,793 Posts
I'm with you pal, -43? Hmm...mmm! No way! Not this old fat man. Guess not many folks retire and move up there, huh?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
In Wisconsin do you ever get used to this?
Believe it or not.... YES ... you adapt
Once in a while we do go to Florida (Disney World without Grandkids)
Just to see others live BUT too many old people:)

·
22,793 Posts
Believe it or not.... YES ... you adapt
Once in a while we do go to Florida (Disney World without Grandkids)
Just to see others live BUT too many old people:)
Get the correlation, there? :laughing:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I consider myself young at 58. -42 or colder just gets to my bones. I was out this week in -6 for three hours at 1 in the morning to check out a sprinkler pipe that was broken at work then it took me 2 hours in the house to get warm again. Thank God the Azera was nice and warm when I got back it. I could live in my car as it is nice and toasty.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts