Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Questions. Is there a way to add an amp and upgrade the 8 inch sub I have a GLS with the Navigation. I was thinking of adding a JL sub to the system and an Amp hidden somewhere in the Trunk. Second thing is that I noticed that while driving the sound does go up and down with the auto volume, but it is still not that loud. is there a limiter that wont let it go past a certain point so that it does not blow the speakers casue even all the way up there is no distortion really. thanks guys.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you planning to install the amp and sub yourself? I've been installing for years so it isn't that hard to me but if you have not before, you might be in for a ride. If you plan on using the stock radio then you'll need a converter that taps into the speaker output of the radio and turns it into rca outputs.

As for the limiter, I'm not sure. When I install for someone, I set the gain of the amp to the minimum and crank up the radio to the highest setting and then adjust the gain on the amp to the loudest setting that their speakers will handle w/o distorting. This makes it so that way when they max out the radio it isn't going to sound horrible or blow out the speakers and they come back to blame me. Hyundai could possibly be doing this on their stock setup or their system is just mediocre.

Try adjusting the bass and treble on your radio first before you add the sub. If the speakers aren't that loud then adding a sub might not be a good choice unless u plan on adding/switching speakers. It throws the whole balance off if you have a lot of bass and weak speakers. It's up to you though, I know there are bass junkies out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts