Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I can definitely hear my car 'stutter' after first turning the engine on. It does it a few times until rpm go down, after about 10 seconds of high idle. Not a big deal unless it gets worse, but was surprised a new car sounds like it's misfiring. I bet it's a direct injection trait, where cold fuel doesn't atomize easily. If that's the case, can't imagine how it'll be in winter :whistling: .

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ May 20 2010, 07:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324859
I can definitely hear my car 'stutter' after first turning the engine on. It does it a few times until rpm go down, after about 10 seconds of high idle. Not a big deal unless it gets worse, but was surprised a new car sounds like it's misfiring. I bet it's a direct injection trait, where cold fuel doesn't atomize easily. If that's the case, can't imagine how it'll be in winter :whistling: .

Even in warm weather are you one to turn on the car and just take off? Personally even when its the summertime I turn the car on and wait at least 2 to 3 minutes before I take off. In the winter that's another story altogether.

·
Registered
258 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ May 21 2010, 08:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325199
Personally even when its the summertime I turn the car on and wait at least 2 to 3 minutes before I take off. In the winter that's another story altogether.
Yep, don't you love Chicago? During wintertime you almost must have flamethrower on standby, especially if wind blows from our Canadian members side... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ May 21 2010, 08:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325199
Even in warm weather are you one to turn on the car and just take off? Personally even when its the summertime I turn the car on and wait at least 2 to 3 minutes before I take off.
I also let my engines idle for at least 15 seconds in summer (to get the oil flowing), and at least a minute in winter. Used to do it longer when I had to merge on a high-speed street right after my house, but not anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts