Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the topic says, I get a slight stutter in the car when I'm say parking into a parking spot. As I get closer to 0 mph i feel the car kinda jerk a little bit.

It's done this since we bought it off a used car lot, and I figured it was the tranny fluid being burned or low. I did a drain/fill twice over the last weekend, and noticed while it has helped the issue, it's not fully rectified.

I also notice that 60-80% of the time when LIGHTLY accelerating, going from 1st to 2nd is kinda rough. If i floor it, it's actually pretty smooth.

It doesn't feel like anything "BAD" is happening - no grinding, doesn't feel like slippage...

I'm going to try turning of ESC today if I can remember (I keep forgetting!!!!!) to see if maybe THAT is causing an issue?!

Anyone notice this in their car? Or am I just full of bad luck?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Sep 21 2010, 01:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357749
You need to take it in to the Hyundai Dealer. It could need a service adjustment as this does not sound normal?

I see 21 TSB's on the 2009, and there could be more?
http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSB/2009/Hyundai/Sonata
I've never owned a vehicle under any kind of warranty - do they charge any service fees to evaluate TSB statuses and/or identify what the issue is?

[EDIT] Also, I used Castrol Import ATF in my tranny fluid swap.. is that going to cause issues if they deem the transmission to be faulty?

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (DnB @ Sep 21 2010, 02:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357755
I've never owned a vehicle under any kind of warranty - do they charge any service fees to evaluate TSB statuses and/or identify what the issue is?
It's a 2009 and you are out of Warranty already? I have 33 THOUSAND Warranty miles that I am going to lose in a few months. While under the basic

Limited New Car Warranty (5 Yr/60K) all TSB's would be free, however many might not apply to your Sonata!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Sep 21 2010, 01:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357756
It's a 2009 and you are out of Warranty already? I have 33 THOUSAND Warranty miles that I am going to lose in a few months. While under the basic

Limited New Car Warranty (5 Yr/60K) all TSB's would be free, however many might not apply to your Sonata!
It's not certified, and has ~30,400 miles. I believe it's under a 3yr/36k powertrain warranty... at best it'd be the 5yr/60k, but i think it had to be certified to get that? I'm 100% not sure - but I believe there is SOME kind of warranty still valid.. Albeit, not much.

[Edit] I was meaning earlier that I've never dealt with warranty stuff... not sure how it all works.

·
Banned
335 Posts
You have what every new owner gets. The 5 Year/ 60K Limited New Car Warranty. Almost "Bumper to Bumper" coverage, as good as it gets! The Certified program is/was available only from Hyundai Dealers, and would have extended only the power train coverage for a hefty price. Obtaining Warranty Coverage is similar to using a Coupon, or your Visa/Master Card, and you might have to! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts