Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the interstate Friday heading to get my oil changed (1758 miles on vehicle, but 3 months old) and this big ol' dirty pickup truck goes flying past me. It looks as if he took his truck out mud-riding. As he passes me, I hear this loud noise and KNEW that I had been hit with a rock. Sure enough, on the drivers side door, there is a spot where I was hit. It is down to the metal, so I now have to take it back in and get that taken care of before it starts to rust and look horrible.

Crazy thing is, as I was washing my husband's car on Saturday afternoon, I noticed what appears to be a giant scratch on his front hood. It is over 6 inches in length. His car is at the shop right now since we are getting the passenger air bag light looked at, so we also asked them to give us an estimate on the scratch repair.

What a pain - both vehicles with body damage...

·
Super Moderator
3,760 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that!  

If it makes you feel any better, I still have a giant ding in the hood from where a huge rock hit that was thrown from a gas guzzling 4x4 pickup. Somebody dinged my front fender recently. Plus every piece of bodyside molding now has a dent in it.  As time passes, and it's almost paid off, these things bother me less.  :grin:  When the car was new, I would have gone ballistic!  

Somebody backed into my wife's car a few days ago, gave it a nice hit and run.  She bought that car new and has owned it for almost 8 years without anything like this ever happening to it.  :rant2:  

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's why those of us with "Gas-Guzzling 4x4s" go straight to spray bay after hitting the trail. I can tell you, as someone who started "Muddin'" at about 12 years old, that those people are not typical. The responsible thing to do is spray your truck off, and take a screwdriver and pick the big rocks out of your tread before you drive anywhere at a high speed. And the people that run the car was appreciate it if you spray all the mud down into the drain when you're done too. Most car washes in my area leave a flat-blade shovel leaned against the back of the building for this.

Those guys are irresponsible, and if you get their license plate numbers, in some states you can file a claim against them with your insurance company. It won't go anywhere, but it may scare them into cleaning their trucks. If you have 8" of lift and 36" tires, a child can tell your truck is capable of leaving a paved service, there's no need to leave it covered in mud and rocks to show off. I call it (especially the ones that are decked out with chrome, and you can tell they never take them off-road) "a big truck and a tiny penis."

·
1,565 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts