Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had nothing but perfect experiences with the Elantra GT bluetooth and voice dialing. I say "Call Home" it calls home. Etc. Perfect. Much better than any other car I have ever tried to use voice commands in.

However, something strange happened a few weeks ago or so......

Whenever I would call my wife, I would say "Call Michelle", then the nice radio lady would say "Call... Michelle..." and I would say Yes. Done.

Lately, when I say "Call Michelle", the radio lady says "Call.... Mitchell..." as in the guy's name. The contact on my phone has not changed. The radio display still reads "Michelle" on the screen. I say yes, and it in fact calls my wife...... But I can't get her to stop calling her Mitchell. I think she's pissed off at me. (the radio lady not my wife. or maybe both....)

Any ideas??? This just happened spontaneously one day, approximately a month or so ago by my best guess.

Thanks.

·
22,793 Posts
Did you do the little trick on the dash where "computer girl" displays words on the screen for you to repeat? She records your vocal inflections and tones as you pronounce them. I can't remember what it's called. The instructions are in the owner's manual...radio section, I believe. My manual is in the car out in the garage and I'm too lazy to go out there and look up what it's called. Someone on here should know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts