Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to the Hyundai world and found this forum. I have driven VW's for a long time and recently picked up a 2010 Sonata. It's a pretty nice car so far. I had a few questions I was hoping someone could help me out with:
1: 2010 Sonata? It seems every time I look for an oil filter, headlights, floormats, etc, I see 2009 and below. Is there anything really different about the 2010 or are people not updating their parts listings?
2: I have the most basic of basic GLS models, which is perfectly fine with me. The only things I would want are the steering wheel audio controls and possibly the factory NAV system. It that possible? Cost prohibitive?

Anyway, I am not too knowledgeable about Hunyndai's (yet) but I do work on cars quite a bit and am pretty good with a wrench.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome.. I just picked up a 2010 GLS recently as well. Most stuff back to 2006 should work on these cars. The interior & some exterior bits were updated for 09 and 10 but otherwise it is the same back to 06. (I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong.)

There were some threads WAY back about modifying / upgrading that empty space on the left for the audio buttons. It's something on the horizon for me to consider but I just haven't looked for them yet.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
If you want to upgrade to the GPS system in your car it will cost around $900-$1200 with labor cost at the Hyundai Service. I checked for myself when I had the 09 GLS Sonata. I rather have them install it because it will give it a factory style look and not a cheap aftermarket apperance. The side remote on the Steering wheel will cost you around $500 with labor. I hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts