Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i changed the lock setting for all doors to unlock with one click of the key fob vs two clicks.. didnt mess around to see everything

·
Registered
323 Posts
No offense meant to the OP (or anybody else), however, doesn't anyone even skim through the owner's manual anymore?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Unless you bought used, your sales guy should have already shown you this during delivery.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I "discovered" this 3 years ago.
That's good for you as I was not on this site or a Hyundai owner then. I just bought my Sonata November 2012 new and my dealer did not show me this...Also didn't say I "discovered" it, I happened to stumble upon it and thought I would share. If I had known I would get this criticism for something I had found interesting I would not have shared...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Someone was trying to let people know about a feature they might not know about, if its no intrest to you just move on instead of criticizing them. Isn't this the reason for these forums. :confused: Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
433 Posts
I will admit, I did not know about this. I have flipped through the owner's book and don't remember seeing this. I bought my 2011 used so this feature was not pointed out. I don't think my bare bones 2009 GLS had this feature. I plan on checking this out sometime this week and seeing what some options are - Thank you!

·
Registered
124 Posts
If I had known I would get this criticism for something I had found interesting I would not have shared...
I personally didn't not mean to sound critical - just wanted to mention something the salesman failed at. Typically you have to bark at them to shut up and just let you go in your shiny new ride - showing you features should be part of the delivery procedure so I guess he was just lazy or maybe you meant he skipped this specific feature. If you complained later that you didn't know about things, he could get in trouble. My sales guy for my car told me exactly that.

Anyway, there's threads like this (even stickies) on many car forums and they are always helpful.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The first thing I did was push every button in my Sonata.
I did also, But I didn't push several different buttons at the same time. Wouldn't think to do that.

I personally didn't not mean to sound critical - just wanted to mention something the salesman failed at. Typically you have to bark at them to shut up and just let you go in your shiny new ride - showing you features should be part of the delivery procedure so I guess he was just lazy or maybe you meant he skipped this specific feature. If you complained later that you didn't know about things, he could get in trouble. My sales guy for my car told me exactly that.

Anyway, there's threads like this (even stickies) on many car forums and they are always helpful.
No worries your comment did not come across in any as unnecessary as others did. I wish I had to tell my dealer to shut up. I had to keep asking questions. But in the end I am more then satisfied with my Sonata. I do however miss my Ford Explorer 4X4 with the snow we are getting. I had to get the Sonata because it threw a rod. But on the good side of it the dealer gave me $5k trade in value for it..

·
Registered
141 Posts
there is a 'tips and tricks' post here on this thread that has alot of these 'hidden' features for those of you who don't bother to look thru the manual. all kinds of goodies in there for you all.

wait..nevermind, that will require a search (sorta like going thru a user's manual). :D

here, saved ya'll the trouble:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/222-yf-2011-sonata-i45/129022-tips-tricks-other-miscellaneous-tidbits-info.html?highlight=tips,+tricks
Personally, I think that whole 'tips and tricks' thread should be deleted since most of the so-called "hidden features" can be discovered via a thorough and prolonged scrutiny of the voluminous owner's manual. What are forums for, anyway? Let's punish the slackers.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Some people smh

Owner's manual? Let's be serious for a minute though ...

LOL, epic!!

Unless you bought used, your sales guy should have already shown you this during delivery.
If my sales (woman) tried to show me all this stuff I would have pushed her out of the car. After 2-3 hours of sitting around the dealership, signing things, waiting, signing more things, etc. I could not wait to get out of there.
Once I got home and parked, I sat down with the manual and a warm cup of coffee. And it's a thick manual! I think it took me a few days to go through it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts