Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding the possibility of a stuck window as described on pg. 4-18 of the owners manual. The manual states "Never try to operate the main switch on the driver's door and the individual door window switch in opposing directions at the same time. If this is done, the window will stop and cannot be opened or closed".

Has anybody done this? If the window does get stuck, how do we get it unstuck (besides taking it to the dealer)?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've never encountered this, but just a hunch, that resetting the ECU might fix it. Just disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal for a couple minutes then reconnect it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I've opened and closed multiple windows at the same time with no problems... I use two fingers to open or close the driver and front passenger windows all the time.

I haven't had occasion to use the driver's controls and an individual control at the same time.. I think when they say the windows will "stop and cannot be opened or closed", they mean that the fuse will blow. I doubt that doing this will result in permanent damage to the power windows.

Nevertheless, it's an interesting bit of information that I missed when I went over the manual...

·
Registered
73 Posts
It was -50 the other day and my window got stuck. But thanks to the magic of the base model, I just cranked a little harder!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just tried this with my 2012 Accent, no issues. Pressed the driver button up for the front passenger side while the wife pressed her button down. The window stops until one of the buttons is released. No stuck issues to report here. (on a side note, no stuck windows because of the weather, as it was 76 here in paradi... I mean Southern California)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Just tried this with my 2012 Accent, no issues. Pressed the driver button up for the front passenger side while the wife pressed her button down. The window stops until one of the buttons is released.
Maybe that's what it means. I feel like that's what will happen in all cars, not just Hyundais.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Pressed the driver button up for the front passenger side while the wife pressed her button down. The window stops until one of the buttons is released. No stuck issues to report here.
Ah.. Thanks for doing the test :)

So what they mean in the manual is that the window will not move as long as both buttons are pressed. It doesn't mean that pressing both buttons will cause any sort of system failure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts