Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving today and all of sudden reversing and cant take it out of reverse gear, with clutch down.

Offed the car and tried again it came out easy. But clutch now feels ligher and more easily pushed down. Goes in gear but seems sticky.

Drives ok once in gear.

Not noticed any leaks.

The weather has become much colder suddenly if that makes difference.

Its a sIII 07 coupe 2.0

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fluid level was fully empty, the small grey reservoir attached to the car body wall under the driver side windscreen, it has a pipe under it. Filled seems better more pressure on pedal. im not sure where the slave cylinder is

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
fluid level was fully empty, the small grey reservoir attached to the car body wall under the driver side windscreen, it has a pipe under it. Filled seems better more pressure on pedal. im not sure where the slave cylinder is

Slave is on top of M/T case... follow the pipe - hose to the slave.. slide rubber boot off end of cylinder body and see if it dry,, or wet with oil...

Look under dash at bulkhead where master stick into cabin,, see the push rod, is that part / opening wet with oil ??

Both should be dry..

If you replace slave, do yourself favor and remove the restrictor valve out of end of slave where banjo bolt - hosee attach,, clutch last longer.. oldest one in the book

Use DOT-4 also, offer higher boil point than plain DOT-3 used for clutch release hydraulic

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slave is on top of M/T case... follow the pipe - hose to the slave.. slide rubber boot off end of cylinder body and see if it dry,, or wet with oil...
what is M/T case? the resrvoir where i pour the clutch fluid is attached tto the car body under the windscreen area under bonnet,,,under it is a black pipe that leads into the wall.

Look under dash at bulkhead where master stick into cabin,, see the push rod, is that part / opening wet with oil ??
you mean under the bonnet or in the car itself? what is a master stick? Sorry not use to the terminology/slang.

If you replace slave, do yourself favor and remove the restrictor valve out of end of slave where banjo bolt - hosee attach,, clutch last longer.. oldest one in the book
dont know what either of those are

Use DOT-4 also, offer higher boil point than plain DOT-3 used for clutch release hydraulic
yes i have

im assuming its not something i can change myself as i dont even know where the slave is..

also anyone got links to parts or the part number thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have fixed it myself after reading instructions on doing it but it would have been hard to remove the nut on the back end of it where the pipe goes in.

But for other people who have same issue. New one has resolved the leaking and problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it true that on most cars there is no clutch fluid reservoir accessible to the average driver, so they wouldnt be able to top it up themselve?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts