Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh....

Front driver-side strut has a leak. I can't do the job on my own because I don't have a spring compressor (nor do I really want to deal with that aspect). One local shop is quoting about $950 to replace all 4 with KYB Excell-G, another wants $700 for just the front with the OESprectrum shocks from NAPA. Dealer wants $300 for just the one that's leaking. The rig has 75000 miles and has already had the front passenger side replaced under warranty a few years back, so I'm not really sold on the OEM's.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Have you looked into Monroe Quick Struts? DIY doesn’t get any easier at that point. If you don’t have an impact gun, I suggest it, and you can fit one in price wise and still save this way.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you looked into Monroe Quick Struts? DIY doesn’t get any easier at that point. If you don’t have an impact gun, I suggest it, and you can fit one in price wise and still save this way.
Doesn't look like they make the quick-strut for the '10 Santa Fe :(

·
Registered
882 Posts
You can rent spring compressor from advance auto parts or Autozone for free.

Since there's no strut assembly for your car, you need to buy strut, strut mount and bellow. You also need to check springs to see if there's any break

You'd better have warranty for both parts and labors, my one side of new strut just replaced twice, I guess they just damaged during transportation. advance auto parts and autozone offer struts with lifetime warranty, and sometimes buy 3 get 1 free, it's a good way to go.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Stay away from aftermarket mounts. Just did this job and had to do it twice because my moog mounts and bearings were binding and creaking. I installed excel g's and like how they handle.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, everyone. I'm going with the KYB Excel-G's quote. I had them re-do the quote to remove the rear shocks, and it came down to $650. They will be re-using the mounts, but putting new boots on 'em.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I’d get new mounts... those go bad fairly frequently on Santa Fe’s.

Thanks, everyone. I'm going with the KYB Excel-G's quote. I had them re-do the quote to remove the rear shocks, and it came down to $650. They will be re-using the mounts, but putting new boots on 'em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts