Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a market for the 2016 Tucson, Im looking for strut bars, and other body bracing. I see plenty of older gens, but not much for mine.

Also, does any Veloster stuff fit at all?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have been looking too.

AEM makes them for other Hyundai Models. I emailed them and requested that they begin offering a strut bar for the Tucson. They didn't respond to me.

I encourage you to reach out to them and let them know you are interested. Maybe they'll bring it to market if they get enough interest.

[email protected]

·
Registered
219 Posts
2016+ Tucson Front & Rear Subframe Brace Set

Is there a market for the 2016 Tucson, Im looking for strut bars, and other body bracing. I see plenty of older gens, but not much for mine.

Also, does any Veloster stuff fit at all?

Good news!

I just discover on google and there are two struts bar for front and rear but it seem very pricey...

Hope this will be helpful for you?

and your welcome!

http://www.sharkracing.com/2016-tucson-front-subframe-brace-set/

·
Registered
219 Posts
Shark Racing appears to be the only performance parts ive seen so far, and their prices have gone up
I am still not understand why have a lot performance after market parts much for specific as Subaru WRX , Honda Civic , BMW 3 series, Porsche, I mean why not Hyundai / Kia? Or it possible be too new for Hyundai and Kia ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
$300 isn't that expensive. I've had front only and rear only frame braces that cost twice that much.
Well it's make sense but I had 15' Kia Soul with strut brace for $300 but this one maybe not too expensive.

Does this strut subframe is handling very well? I am thinking buy this parts after I install my AEM Intake and Charge pipe.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I can't say if a strut or frame brace will help the Tucson or not. I've only owned mine for three months now. Honestly, I don't think it needs one. It's not meant to be a slot car and it's too tall to try.

When I upgraded my '95 Impala SS with an aftermarket rear frame brace, it made enough difference that I needed to get a stiffer front sway bar. That was more than enough that I needed a bigger rear sway bar.

I bought a front strut brace for my '95 Max and hated it. I took it off after about 200 miles.

So it'll be interesting to see if anyone buys one/both for the Tucson and what they have to say.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't think Tucson need strut / frame brace because Tucson has high clearance ground unless if low springs then maybe it will be difference? Maybe I am wrong.

I could tell difference on 15' Kia Soul it because of low clearance and better control.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Upper Strut braces, you mean one struct braces on engine bay or under the Tucson body?

How you drive hard on Tucson? Like sharp on curve and corner?

Reactions: stromm

·
Registered
422 Posts
I understand this to be older post however, interested in installing front strut tower bar / brace as well. Unsure if the 3rd generation Tucson chassis will benefit from addition of one or not. Would anyone have notes or tutorial, on removing the plastic cowl / trim to access the strut tower bolts?

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can usually feel whether a car is flexing significantly over bumps and in corners. Modern cars are, in the main, surprisingly stiff and the Tucson seems to be no exception at least on German roads. Personally, I doubt I would be able to tell the difference if I were to stiffen the struts further. My factory-fresh FIAT Coupe was terribly shuddery without a brace. That car really benefitted - made the car feel like two classes better in refinement. I have no idea if it meant it cornered faster but it was much nicer to drive - I guess like it should have been from the factory. The Impreza we had at the same time was fine without.

Why so limited availability of Hyundai/Kia tuning parts - easy, they are brands not usually bought by that type of enthusiasts so the market is just too small to bother making stuff, especially if there is also little benefit either.

·
Registered
422 Posts
neilr, I agree about lack of performance oriented parts being available for the 3rd generation Tucson, due to the way vehicle is marketed and who targeted / intended consumer is. I believe however with time, and owners seeing the potential of the 1.6L, maybe demand may increase leading to more performance products being available.
Also, I believe the third generation Tucson chassis to be 48 percent stiffer than previous generation Tucson. Unsure if that may be attributed to high-strength steel alloy used, or placement / use of additional suspension parts; multi-link rear suspension, front-mounted MacPherson struts, electric steering, 19-inch wheels etc. Tucson still has fair amount of body roll, but that might be corrected with addition of larger diameter sway bars and polyurethane bushings (front & rear).

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Tucson still has fair amount of body roll, but that might be corrected with addition of larger diameter sway bars and polyurethane bushings (front & rear).
It is only an SUV. It is not really designed for ultimate performance. I'm always surprised how agile it is while having a brilliant ride. I don't actually find it leans that much really. The only thing I would have liked is a more informative steering. But it is only my daily driver and do-all car. I have other more fun cars if I need entertaining so I guess I don't need to change this one.

·
Registered
422 Posts
SuperHybrid101, were you purchasing the LUXON strut tower bar?
Also, addition to my previous post; The addition of font strut tower bar will improve handling by reducing the flex in the vehicle when aggressively cornering. Installing larger rear sway bar will reduce understeer ( occurs when the front tires break traction when entering a turn at high speed). Understeer is easier to control than oversteer (where the rear tires break traction). Front wheel drive vehicles tend to experience undesteer during hard acceleration when exiting a turn.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Anyone have experience with removing plastic cover / cowl that covers front strut top shown in photo below? Any information regarding what is involved (removal of certain hidden fasteners, issues etc., would be appreciated.

·
Registered
219 Posts
SuperHybrid101, were you purchasing the LUXON strut tower bar?
Also, addition to my previous post; The addition of font strut tower bar will improve handling by reducing the flex in the vehicle when aggressively cornering. Installing larger rear sway bar will reduce understeer ( occurs when the front tires break traction when entering a turn at high speed). Understeer is easier to control than oversteer (where the rear tires break traction). Front wheel drive vehicles tend to experience undesteer during hard acceleration when exiting a turn.
I am still looking for strut bar available for 2016 to 2018 Hyundai Tucson Turbo but seem doesn't have one yet. . only I see on shark racing site but only select for Santa Fe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts