Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is prob gunna be my next mod for LF . So confused to spend 250 or 150 are they really any different ? Ultra racing one is good right?

·
Registered
851 Posts
This is prob gunna be my next mod for LF . So confused to spend 250 or 150 are they really any different ? Ultra racing one is good right?
Yeah the Ultra Racing one is solid, has solid mounts and is a really strong bar. There are some generic ones like the one above or even the Tuix brand (Hyundai's tuning brand) that might or might not work depending on what it is.

I also have the Ultra Racing 20mm rear sway bar that helps control body roll in corners. It's much thicker than stock sport suspension sway bar (I think stock is 16mm?).

62454815_2348038872100583_6562224636854009856_n.jpg

·
Registered
400 Posts
They do make a nice difference. I have the Ultra Racing one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think I’m going to pull the trigger on the ultra racing one from k5 optima store. Then I guess I’ll do the sway bar. Should stiffen things up

·
Registered
851 Posts
Wait.... is it a diffrent one then k5 sells?
Yeah K5 doesn't sell the UR FSTB for the LF, they sell the AEM one so they can mark it up even higher.

Here's a cheaper option for the UR FSTB, straight from the manufacturer.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/ULTRA-RACING-Hyundai-Sonata-URKR-TW2-2730/dp/B01LXZV1Z5[/ame]

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wait.... is it a diffrent one then k5 sells?
Yeah K5 doesn't sell the UR FSTB for the LF, they sell the AEM one so they can mark it up even higher.

Here's a cheaper option for the UR FSTB, straight from the manufacturer.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/ULTRA-RACING-Hyundai-Sonata-URKR-TW2-2730/dp/B01LXZV1Z5[/ame]
Oh ok I see it now.
Thanks man

·
Registered
968 Posts
Most will go with a true 1 piece strut bar, like the AEM or luxon , any of the multi piece bars that bolt together have more movement and cant be as solid. Im sure they are better than nothing but if you want the full advantage go 1 piece welded.

I like the Luxon bar the best and cost is the same as the AEM

Other sources on the web shop around.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Most will go with a true 1 piece strut bar, like the AEM or luxon , any of the multi piece bars that bolt together have more movement and cant be as solid. Im sure they are better than nothing but if you want the full advantage go 1 piece welded.
If i was going to go the whole gambit and buy all the available parts to stiffen the chassis up id completely agree, steel one piece strut. Thats what I put on my GT for just that purpose.
But my aim was simply to keep the strut geometry square and maybe stiffen it up a little. It made a nice improvement without stiffening the chassis up too much which is likely why they skipped it to start with. Maintaining ride quality.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ugh decisions decisions

·
Registered
108 Posts
i kinda wish they made a engine mount stiffner. i had a 2010 honda civic si that had a mount called ingalls i believe that made a mount that helps the stock mounts.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I ended up putting a strut bar on the car due to this thread ( spent more $ again thanks to the forum ;) )

I was not going to spend the $ on a bar because this really is not a “true sport” sedan compared to others on the market or that I’ve owned ( Audi ,MBZ, Infiniti etc) and I did not expect that much improvement. That is the same reason I held off on my original plan to lower the car.

Mine has been a great car for the $ it was more than 1/2 the cost of any other car Ive owned in the last 15 yr. It has a little kick in the a-- when you drive it hard especially in sport mode using the paddles and its not a boat in the corners and stops ok (better now that I have the Powerstop Z23 on all 4 wheels) but it is what it is. Im at 70,000 miles now in less than 2 years and get 28-32 mpg so for my daily commuter it really has been a good car.

But this thread got me thinking and I did an eBay search and found a new out of box “AEM” strut brace for $100 or best offer plus $36 shipping. I made him a offer of $80 and it was accepted. Got a brand new “AEM Bar” for $ 116 delivered and installed it last night.

Don’t know if I’ll feel any difference but I’ll post my impression in a few days since I’m going to Vegas this weekend so I’ll put a quick 500 miles on the car.

I can recommend the “AEM “ bar as a perfect fit and easy 10 minute install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wish I can see the pictures, I'm getting this all the time I post and a lot of the pictures, anyone know why.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts