Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...

Bought my brand new 2013 Tucson about a week-and-a-half ago (to replace my 2005 Tucson), and loving every minute of it.

I've run into one "inconvenience" with the stereo system (and its not even that)... and I can't find any information about it anywhere. Hoping someone here can answer my question.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I use to stream music to my stock stereo via bluetooth. Works like a charm, has worked since day 1. No issues there.

But I'll admit I'm a bit bummed that the display only says "MP3 Music", and doesn't display any artist/song info. I know its possible on several other vehicles. Seeing as how the Galaxy S3 supports the latest version of Bluetooth (4.0), supports A2DP and AVRCP 1.3, I don't think its a restriction of my phone.

The owners manual for the 2013 Tucson says that it supports A2DP and AVRCP, which would lead me to believe that it should be able to receive and display this information. I'd LOVE to be able to see artist/song info on the big display, rather than having to glance at my phone.

Is this possible?

In addition, because the phone and truck both (supposedly) support AVRCP, I would think I should be able to use the stereo controls to skip tracks, repeat, etc. But that also doesn't seem to be the case.

ANy insight anyone can give would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump? Anyone?

I was in a friend's new Malibu today, and was jealous not only that his radio displayed the artist/song info, album cover, etc... but that he didn't even have to manually start the music player on his phone. It connected when he started the car, and <poof> the music started playing.

Help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, so I fixed my problem with forcing the music to start automatically. That was a setting in my media player.

STill hoping (and realizing its a long shot) there is a way to display artist/song info, and skip/replay songs, from the console rather than my phone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know the threads a tad old but I'm in the same boat, have tried everything I can think of with my S3 and Tucson. I've even tried several custom ROMs on the phone to no avail. From various forums I've come across it doesn't look like it will be possible for us to use the steering wheel to control the bluetooth playback other than mute.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up a 2013 Tucson GLS. After reviewing this thread and others, it seems that it's not possible to use steering wheel controls for music via Bluetooth. I do not have the Nav system on my Tucson. I have read here and in the owners manual that the only way that I would be able to do this is using an iPod (4th gen and older) and the Hyundai iPod cable.

I just wanted to get confirmation on the above information prior to purchasing an iPod.

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts