Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to stream music from an iPod Touch or iPhone through Bluetooth? Whenever I try to set my audio output source as SONATA, I don't hear a thing (though it works fine for Bluetooth calls).

·
Registered
14 Posts
just press the MEDIA button until you see your phone listed. At the top right, you will see STREAMING. Just turn up the volume and you're good to go.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Wow took me a month to figure out I could do this!

·
Banned
630 Posts
Pandora, AOL Radio are all great apps for streaming music

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you can stream music via bluetooth, is there any reason to buy an ipod cable? I have an ipod touch and ipad with bluetooth.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (hrustar @ Jun 22 2010, 10:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335210
If you can stream music via bluetooth, is there any reason to buy an ipod cable? I have an ipod touch and ipad with bluetooth.
you get song/playlist selection on dash with direct cable and it sounds much clearer

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE (hrustar @ Jun 22 2010, 09:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335210

QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 22 2010, 09:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335211
you get song/playlist selection on dash with direct cable and it sounds much clearer
That plus the steering wheel controls work with the ipod connecter and last but certainly not least, you charge your ipod/iphone while connected via cable since streaming via bluetooth can suck a lot of battery life out relatively quicker.

·
Registered
854 Posts
yeah bluetooth streaming has terrible quality, won't be using that feature again.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i guess they must have improved on this feature in the '12 cause my audio streaming is surprisingly good quality

·
Registered
182 Posts
I can stream iPod music from my iPhone 4S, plus Pandora. Sounds awesome, better than XM.

I have a 2012 Sonata SE with Nav/Sunroof/Rear Cam.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I usually do this when I am taking a road trip with my friends, so that he/she can change the music themselves without having to press the touch screen on my Nav system. The sound does decrease in quality, but not that bad overall. It's not like you will find any detail in the music through your car sound system, usually with friends, they will sing or chat so the sound quality isn't really a bother. Now, if I am driving alone, then I will hook my Ipod using the Ipod cable. It sounds better and it charges my Ipod also.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, audio fidelity is terrible via Bluetooth in my experience. I will never use that again. Using compressed music filed via my phone is bad enough with an auxillary line... but I can't afford the space to have all 320kbps songs in my phone, haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still having issues

I connect fine to the Sonata via Bluetooth. Phone side works fine, but cannot hear music when played from iPhone 5. Everything looks like its connected, Sonata even says its connected to iPhone music and playing. Can even play/pause music on phone from the Sonata. Just cannot hear music playing. All volumes turned up high.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts