Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice in the last week I've had my station changed to channel 1 (the preview channel) while I was driving down the road. Channel 1 is not even one of my presets on XM1, and I'm able to just tune back to my previous channel (48) without any issues. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes it's happened twice to me. Most recently yesterday. Both times it happened when I lost the signal for a few seconds and when I got it back it was on the XM preview channel. I was able
to switch back without any problems. Pretty weird.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, same thing happened several times as I was leaving work just yesterday. It had happened maybe once or twice before, too. I park in a parking deck, and it seemed to happen everytime I turned the wheel sharply going around the turns, but I was also losing signal the whole time. Very weird. Maybe it has something to do whenever it loses signal of another station, it defaults back to 1, which may be stonger, I don't know. Very weird, thought I was the only one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (sonatahyd @ Jul 14 2010, 06:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341800
Yup, this has happened to me too.

I wonder if it has something to do with the free trial for the first 3 months.
I wondered the same thing since I'm probably only a couple of weeks away from the end of my free trial. However, it looks like it more likely has something to do with a momentary signal loss. There is a section of my drive home where the tree canopy is pretty dense over the road, so I probably lost signal too and just didn't realize it. Anyway, at least now I know it's probably not something going wrong with my head unit.

·
Registered
957 Posts
If I lose sat signal, I just get dead air.. the station does NOT change... keep an eye on it guys.. it doesn't sound right... I have XM in the vehicle, Sirius in the house and dishes for TV.. never does anything revert to a "preview" channel if the signal gets blocked.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (Pinto_Siftbean @ Jul 15 2010, 10:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341947
If I lose sat signal, I just get dead air.. the station does NOT change... keep an eye on it guys.. it doesn't sound right... I have XM in the vehicle, Sirius in the house and dishes for TV.. never does anything revert to a "preview" channel if the signal gets blocked.
Typically mine doesn't change either when I lose signal. However, I think what we're talking about here is likely a rare software related glitch that is at least partially driven by a very brief loss of signal (just speculating). If that is the case, it would apply to everybody (with that head unit at least), wether you've experienced it yet or not.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Could this be part of the trial XM programing?
Could this be some kind of setting thing, like search/scan function, that moves on to the next station if the signal goes away or gets to low? This might explain why some cars are doing this and some are not?

There is a scan/preset indicator for the XM. ( ON or Off) SEE page 2-6, of Digital Nav System Manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts