Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 59 plate i10 Comfort I had a strange White powder/stain? coming from Passenger seat. I just put it down to bad luck, but my new 10 plate is doing the same thing. Only 1 person has sat in the passenger seat in this car and I put bags etc on the back seats, anyone know what this is, have had it happen to them or know what to do? Only happens on front passenger seat no others. Cars were bought from different dealerships also.

Any useful suggestions welcomed. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE (Ben1971 @ Jun 25 2010, 09:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336155
On my 59 plate i10 Comfort I had a strange White powder/stain? coming from Passenger seat. I just put it down to bad luck, but my new 10 plate is doing the same thing. Only 1 person has sat in the passenger seat in this car and I put bags etc on the back seats, anyone know what this is, have had it happen to them or know what to do? Only happens on front passenger seat no others. Cars were bought from different dealerships also.

Any useful suggestions welcomed. :)

Strange white powder yours was not made in columbia was it :innocent:

bowie

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know. I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and theres a round powder spot that keeps appearing on the passenger seat. I've cleaned it several times, brought it to the dealer. The dealer cleaned it. It looks like it's resolved, but in a month or so, it comes back! It's round, about the size of the bottom of a coffee cup. It's come up about 6-8 times over the last 1.5years. Very puzzling.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've given first aid rescue at a couple of serious car accidents where air bags have deployed and as well as there being some smoke initally from the airbags deploying, I have noticed too that there is a white powdery substance which is apparently talcum powder used to lubricate the airbags. Maybe this (the powder) is what is manifesting itself around your seat? Assuming of course there are any airbags contained within the seats?

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Anthrax. Sell the car. :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
This sounds like spew, but spew only usually happens on leather since it's caused by a fat imbalance in the material... being animal skin and all. Spew feels oily/waxy and can be removed with spew remover.

Since i10's aren't made with leather upholstery I would take a guess that it's either:
-> Mildew growing from where rain or something wet has soaked into the material.
In this case it will most likely reappear after being cleaned, dependant on the cleaning chemicals used. A mould and mildew cleaner will help, but you would really need to test it on a small area first in order to avoid damaging the fabric.
-> Deodorant (talc powder) that has fallen from clothing.
It won't reappear after being cleaned off, so keep an eye out for it after someone sits there.

Best of luck with it and brace yourself for all the jokes about cocaine, etc.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well it was 'five' years ago the OP told us about his white powder seats. Perhaps in those years, the seat has been to rehab and is now clean, or the car is sold, or even scrapped ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well it was 'five' years ago the OP told us about his white powder seats. Perhaps in those years, the seat has been to rehab and is now clean, or the car is sold, or even scrapped ...
I blame the other guys for bumping it up. At least there's an answer for it now though. :laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts