Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1000 miles on the clock, i10 comfort, and now getting strange noise from right-front part (something like a loose screwdriver in a glove box - although it IS empty, I swear!) - driving over ridges, I should add . Anyone can advice? Suspension problems? Anything else?...help...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Could you specify "right-front part"? Is it inside the car or outside and where exactly? To check suspension simply push few times above from shock absorber and listen to any noises.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, right-front part (of a car) means in my case inside a car, somewhere close to (above) the right front wheel, close to (behind?) a glove box (right part of cockpit).
As far as a suspension tests - it's a bit strange, since when I drive over a ridge, I can hear this sound only when the REAR wheels hit a ridge - and the noise seems to appear in FRONT part of a car.
I tried - pushed front suspension, getting no sound at all...

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (AndyBandy @ Aug 25 2010, 07:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351808
Well, right-front part (of a car) means in my case inside a car, somewhere close to (above) the right front wheel, close to (behind?) a glove box (right part of cockpit).
As far as a suspension tests - it's a bit strange, since when I drive over a ridge, I can hear this sound only when the REAR wheels hit a ridge - and the noise seems to appear in FRONT part of a car.
I tried - pushed front suspension, getting no sound at all...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds like the same problem I reported on in"Rear Suspension Noise". Driving over a low kerb you get a clunk clunk noise from the rear suspension.
I think Hyundai have a problem with the internals of the rear shock absorbers, and it is the cause of the noise. I intend to report it to my local Hyundai dealership for investigation under warranty when I am next in their area. Be warned replacement rear shocks run in at a staggering £121 each!!Ouch!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (AndyBandy @ Aug 24 2010, 12:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351536
1000 miles on the clock, i10 comfort, and now getting strange noise from right-front part (something like a loose screwdriver in a glove box - although it IS empty, I swear!) - driving over ridges, I should add . Anyone can advice? Suspension problems? Anything else?...help...
Andy, I'm from India and I drive a Hyundai i10 Magna (1.2 Kappa). After completing the 1500km mark I too started getting the same noise from the front right side.

I thought it was the window rattling and ignored it!! But after a few weeks I started to doubt if it was indeed the glass rattling. So I took my ride to the service centre and voila they diagnosed that the rattling was originating from the steering column!!

Man I had the scare of my life. They told that some batches of i10 produced had developed this issue and that replacing/fixing a BUSH and SPRING PAD (Free of Cost) will solve the matter!! But spares weren't available with them at that time and told me to bring my ride in the next week!! So waiting to see if this fix solves the problem!!

On googling about this problem, I came to know that Hyundai Motors India Limited had issued a circular to all dealers informing them about this niggle!!

Hope this helps!! I 'll attach the service bill after they change it!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I went to service.
You wouldn't gues what was that.
I got stoned - 't was a loose (a bit un-screwed) radio antenna hitting a roof while driving over ridges!!! Jeez, I didn't know what to say to servicemen...
They simply tightened it - and presto - everything it is OK, no strange sounds...

Thnx anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts