Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Getz diesel from 2005. The turbo failed after a year, smoke from exhaust, spaceship sound, no acceleration, i then went on to install a new turbo installation, also i did a new: oil change, oil filter change, fuel pressure control valve change, swirl valve actuator change, oxygen sensor change, new coolant change. And now i cant get the engine fire up, and some strange whinning noises is coming from the fuel rail area.

NB:
Only OEM parts where installed
All fuses and relays are checked, and are getting power

Then i went on with a DTC scan, and it shows the code P0001 Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit/Open" cant figure out whats wrong. Also i cant hear the fuel pump running "is it normal to hear the fuelpump in this car, i know in some its not" i then went on to check with a multimeter, and the fuel pump is getting power, its also shows how much fiuel is in tank. But the Check engine is on, and there is some strange noise from the fuel rail area. i disconnected the fuel lines, turned the key, no fuel was comming out, or returning. it could be the fuelpump gone bad, what do you think?

Try listen to the strange noises here, maybe someone knows what is going on :D

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking that could be from the stepper motor on the swirl flap.It's left just out of sight. I hear those noises in my D4FB 1.6 . Does this have a manual hand primer on top of the filter? Pump that until firm, try again.
Thanks for your reply, the noise is not comming from the swirl valve actuator, checked that with multimeter, and resistance and voltage are okay. - also i have pumped the primer until firm, still no luck :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 1.5 16V engine doesn't have an electric lift pump in the tank (the 1.5 12V does). If you look in the engine fusebox you'll likely find that the F/PUMP relay is missing.

Is the immobilizer warning light showing on the instrument cluster when you turn the ignition on (car with a key inside)? If not the engine wont fire up.
Thanks for your reply, the F/PUMP relay is in the fusebox, attached a picture of the fuelpumps OEM. the immobilizer warning light is showing every time i insert the key, and turn it to on.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are you using to scan it? A generic OBD tool I assume?
Are you able to erase the code or does it just set again straight away?
Im using a generic one, named U480, just tryed to erase, but it says "Erase failed..." i also just checked resistance of highpressure pump, and the and the fuel pressure regulator integrated in that, resistance is fine, voltage is fine. UPDATE: i managed to erase the code, it does not appear again, but problem stills persist, wont start.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.