Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, the high-pressure hose started leaking. I got it replaced.
A few weeks back, there was a leak again. I found it to be the long tube that runs from the valve to the rack.
I replaced both the tubes without taking out the rack and pinion. Now, I have a gushing leak from the passenger side
end bushing. When the car is not turned on, there is no leak. I can swing the steering lock to lock with no leak.
But, when I start the car, it starts leaking with a loud hiss from the right end bushing when I turn the steering to right side lock.
The left side lock is working perfectly. I also hear some noise from both sides while locking.

When I took out the bushing, I saw the seal to be damaged by a few millimeters as if somebody has poked at it with a sharp pin.
I could also see the spring underneath the bushing. I bought a brand new bushing from the dealer and exactly the same thing
happened. The same damage was seen.

I don't understand how that could happen. I am attaching pictures and hope somebody can give me an insight. I know that damage is very difficult to
be seen in the picture so I have pointed it out in the 2nd picture.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anybody know the part # for the circlip that goes on the rack stopper? Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The parts guy could not figure out. I tried to figure and ordered 57715-34000 known as clip circulation. When I opened up the rack end bushing, there was no such clip circulation but there was that circlip (locking clip) on rack stopper. So, I have ordered the rack stopper and hope it comes with that circlip. If not, I will have to make my own from galvanized steel wire (hopefully).
After watching youtube for hours finally found an image in the video but it is from an entirely diff vehicle.
Maybe, somebody can chime in..
This is the dealer webpage for the part : 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Power Steering Gear Box
I can find entire seal kits for different models which also has one straight wire bent at one end.
It appears one has to make his own circlip from that... See the picture. ??

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts