Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go, get in my car this morning, and go to the post office.
I get there, turn my car off, and an alarm starts going off.
I remove my seatbelt, and it stops. Close the door, push the button to lock it on the door handle, and nothing happens.
Come back out to the car afterwards, and its unlocked.
Get in, start it up, and all is fine.
Get back home, shut the car off, but this time, no alarm. Remove my seatbelt, exit the car, push the button on the handle to
lock it, and again, it doesn't do anything. Push the button on the remote, and it locks.

Anyone else have anything like this happen?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
My fuel efficient natural gas furnace with a microcontroller logic card has been acting strangely due to dirty switch contacts. They get erratic, had to either clean or replace them.

Our vehicles are the same way, mostly pushbutton switches that either fire or don't fire a command to a microcontroller resulting in erratic operation, moisture is one cause in particular in sub-freezing weather. A microcontroller is a complete computer in a single chip.

Switches are low voltage, 5 volts, practically no current, in electronics called a dry circuit. Contacts have to be super clean. Unlike 120 VAC switch, have an arc that makes contact. May have to push those buttons several times.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I go, get in my car this morning, and go to the post office.
I get there, turn my car off, and an alarm starts going off.
I remove my seatbelt, and it stops. Close the door, push the button to lock it on the door handle, and nothing happens.
Come back out to the car afterwards, and its unlocked.
Get in, start it up, and all is fine.
Get back home, shut the car off, but this time, no alarm. Remove my seatbelt, exit the car, push the button on the handle to
lock it, and again, it doesn't do anything. Push the button on the remote, and it locks.

Anyone else have anything like this happen?
Strange electrical happenings... sounds like a trip to the dealer is needed. At the very least you might give them a call and ask what might trigger that type of situation. Also, if it happens again try and record it so you have it to show them. Sometimes if a battery is beginning to fail it has some strange effects.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like a problem in door handle. In next time try to close your car from passenger side door handle

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you have two FOBs ( smart key ), make sure the second one is not inside the car when you're trying to lock the car with the first one.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
If you have two FOBs ( smart key ), make sure the second one is not inside the car when you're trying to lock the car with the first one.
Wife occasionally leaves her remote in her pocket book in the Limited. The Limited gets very angry if you try to lock the doors.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after those two weird happenings, everythings back to normal.
I only carry 1 keyfob around, the other is in a shoebox at the house. I'm wondering if it was moisture now. That morning was the first cool morning we've had all year. (59 degrees)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts