Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was test driving a '11 SE the other day. Let me preface what happened with this. I work in a job where I transport people who may try to exit the car while driving (I understand the rear doors have the childproof doors). So, while I was test driving, the doors were locked, and as I was approaching a stop (5 - 10 mph), I attempted to open the door to see if it would let me know open it. It did let me open the door. After that happened, the chime began repeatedly, the TPMS light came on (horseshoe with exclamation point) and the open trunk signal light came on. I pulled over and checked everything, such as the trunk, and everything seemed in order. So I shut the car off to see if those lights would go off and the chiming would stop, but then the car would not start. I waited 10 minutes and tried again and the car would not start, nor would any keys on the fob work. None of the lights worked nor the power windows or locks. Finally, I put the fob in the slot in the center console and the car started. Still, the push button start would not work, the interior lights would not work and many of the electronics did not work. The dealer said that the key fob was not programmed correctly.

Has anybody had anything like this happen to them? Or has anybody attempted to open the door (for whatever reason) while the car was driving?

Thanks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Reminder to self:

Do not open door while driving.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did try to see if the driver door can be opened while my car is rolling. It allows my GLS door to open with a warning light and chime, but after I close the door, everything is back to normal. It even auto-locks, so doors cannot be open from outside, but still can be opened from the inside.
:57:

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (Inquisitive @ Dec 22 2010, 10:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382364
Hey guys,

I was test driving a '11 SE the other day. Let me preface what happened with this. I work in a job where I transport people who may try to exit the car while driving (I understand the rear doors have the childproof doors). So, while I was test driving, the doors were locked, and as I was approaching a stop (5 - 10 mph), I attempted to open the door to see if it would let me know open it. It did let me open the door. After that happened, the chime began repeatedly, the TPMS light came on (horseshoe with exclamation point) and the open trunk signal light came on. I pulled over and checked everything, such as the trunk, and everything seemed in order. So I shut the car off to see if those lights would go off and the chiming would stop, but then the car would not start. I waited 10 minutes and tried again and the car would not start, nor would any keys on the fob work. None of the lights worked nor the power windows or locks. Finally, I put the fob in the slot in the center console and the car started. Still, the push button start would not work, the interior lights would not work and many of the electronics did not work. The dealer said that the key fob was not programmed correctly.

Has anybody had anything like this happen to them? Or has anybody attempted to open the door (for whatever reason) while the car was driving?

Thanks.
Nope, when the childs safety latch is locked on my car, you cannot open the door. I have a question though, If the KeyFob was not programmed correctly how did they get the car started in the first place?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.