Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new 2013 last Friday - it was a demo with 3k miles on it. Today, I happened to look down while climbing out and noticed two huge, deep dents in the door sill!

Thinking the seat belt buckle might have come between the door, I checked the two: Neither show any signs of damage. I'm baffled. Does something like this happen in transit?

·
Banned
532 Posts
Nope, it's belt buckle damage make sure you observe the belt retraction into the pillar, they don't have a lot of spring tension for retraction

I'd show you pictures of the same type damage and dent's from the car a certain other person drives in this 2 person household now, but it's the season of peace and joy......and New Years eve is coming up ... :whistling:

BTW----:00000732:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Chances are it was the seat belt. I have noticed the retention for the seat belt is not very strong. Sometime it dangles and the dang thing gets hung up in the door. It one is not looking one can close the door hence...dent. My girlfriend did this on my 06 Azea and it put a big ding on the low sill. Pissd me off as the car was only six months old.

It has happened a few times on this car but so far I have been lucky as the belt is the only thing that got hung up and not the buckle. All you can do is sigh. If the paint isn't chipped then no need to worry about rust.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Look on the bright side.. it's in the door sill. It won't usually show. I'd just make sure that there is not any broken paint.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If you have a dent on the sill you probably have a dent on the bottom of the door also....make sure you check for paint chips (great place for rust to start)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
If you have a dent on the sill you probably have a dent on the bottom of the door also...make sure you check for paint chips (great place for rust to start)
I thought I was pretty clear on what I had already checked.

"Thinking the seat belt buckle might have come between the door, I checked the two: Neither show any signs of damage."

The paint is chipped down to the primer. Maybe deeper. I already took it in to have the steering recalibrated and they're having the area fixed next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts