Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about straight piping my accent hatchback and getting a cai with it and after getting a tuning for it. look at a 3inch straight, i'm not an expert on it, but what kinda power gains would I see after the tuning with all of that?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would go no bigger then 2.5 piping. If you went with a header and 2.5 back you might get a 5-10 hp gain, with a custom tune and the exhaust/cai you might see 25-30 hp gain.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's only a 1.6L, 3'' exhaust line is way too much. With a good CAI and ECU tune (some will be availaible or are already) you could expect a gain of 20HP-25HP. 160HP on flywheel is the maximum you can expect IMO maybe a little bit more, because it's not a Highrev engine (Stroke is too long).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's only a 1.6L, 3'' exhaust line is way too much. With a good CAI and ECU tune (some will be availaible or are already) you could expect a gain of 20HP-25HP. 160HP on flywheel is the maximum you can expect IMO maybe a little bit more, because it's not a Highrev engine (Stroke is too long).
I found some kspec and shark racing headers for my engine, not sure of the difference between them, still looking for a highflow exhaust. I'm gonna go with 2.5" piping I think

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
High flow cat converter I mean sorry

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
43 Posts
i would go with the kspec. 4-2-1 headers provide more mid range power. the shark racing is 4-1 which would put you power band at high rpm.

im basing this info off of dyno proven header test on a scion xb 1.6. cant speak for certain on the accent

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would go with the kspec. 4-2-1 headers provide more mid range power. the shark racing is 4-1 which would put you power band at high rpm.

im basing this info off of dyno proven header test on a scion xb 1.6. cant speak for certain on the accent
I think I'm gonna go with the 4-1 headers, while the 4-2-1 provides better midrange, it doesn't apparently increase the total horsepower as much as the 4-1. With the tune hopefully they can level out the hp and torque curves more, considering our cars built for economy. I'm also thinking about only having a aftermarket mid muffler and deleting the end one, also thinking about dual tips, one on left, one on right, idk though

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now another question is, would I need to upgrade my injectors?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think I'm gonna go with the 4-1 headers, while the 4-2-1 provides better midrange, it doesn't apparently increase the total horsepower as much as the 4-1. With the tune hopefully they can level out the hp and torque curves more, considering our cars built for economy. I'm also thinking about only having a aftermarket mid muffler and deleting the end one, also thinking about dual tips, one on left, one on right, idk though
It really depends on your intended use. The 4-1 will give you more top end, while the 4-2-1 (also called "tri-y") will give better response coming out of slow to mid speed corners on twisty back roads (or when you're cruising along and you need that quick spurt to pass slower traffic).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It really depends on your intended use. The 4-1 will give you more top end, while the 4-2-1 (also called "tri-y") will give better response coming out of slow to mid speed corners on twisty back roads (or when you're cruising along and you need that quick spurt to pass slower traffic).
The intended use would really just be if I was gonna race someone, so top end would be better for me I think.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone think i'd need new spark plugs or injectors?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking about getting custom camshafts for our cars made in addition to what I put up there along with upgraded injectors and spark plugs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts