Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving for many years and am enjoying driving my recently-acquired Grand i10 auto. Only two things bugs me about it. First, if I leave the key in the ignition and open the driver's door I get a warning light (that is ok) but then the chime starts and won't stop. Also, but similar is the seat belt warning chime. I have always fitted and worn seat belts even going back to when they weren't fitted to new cars. The chime is annoying because it means that if I want to move my car out of the garage to my driveway I have to put on the belt, which is stupid.

I have RTFM'd looking mainly for a fuse to remove but cannot find anything. How difficult would it be to find these stupid chime things and cut the wires or disable them in any way?

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
On my Gen Coupe it is a small speaker like thing on the BCM. Maybe some tape over it to deaden the sound?

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Body Control Module and it's usually under the dash in the center. It's what switches most things on and off.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The bong is a good reminder that your seat belt is slack and needs a pull across the hips. I don't see the problem chime at all what I do see a problem with is the ridiculously low indicator ticking.

Reactions: Longshot

·
Registered
99 Posts
I find it useful to make people in the back put them on.
One lady friend of wife) is particularly bad. Oh we are only going a short ride. I can now insist (is there a smug smiley here?)

·
Registered
655 Posts
The bong is a good reminder that your seat belt is slack and needs a pull across the hips. I don't see the problem chime at all what I do see a problem with is the ridiculously low indicator ticking.

Not a fan of anything I cant turn off but agree the indicator relay could be amplified a bit to give a nice loud tick, it would be OK if the indicators self cancelled more reliably but I often look down and find I am still indicating long after I passed a turn..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts