Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Elantra GL came with the 16" wheels. From my research, these specific wheels have a width of 6.5" and an offset of 50mm. The tires are 205/55/16.

I'm looking to get a new dedicated set of rims and tires for summer and I'm considering an aftermarket wheel.

I'm curious what other wheel/tire sizes come stock on the other trim levels, and what others' experiences are with each size.

I'd also be interested to know if others have experience with aftermarket wheels on this fairly new generation of Elantra.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know in Canada the 2018 Limited comes with 17" wheels (P225/45R17 tyres) and I've seen someone post their 2017 with 18" aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know in Canada the 2018 Limited comes with 17" wheels (P225/45R17 tyres) and I've seen someone post their 2017 with 18" aftermarket wheels.
It also looks like the new Elantra Sport comes stock with 18" wheels.

If you happen to know the name of the user who installed 18" aftermarket wheels (or can dig up the post you mentioned), please let me know. I'd be interested to see photos and see what their opinions are on that setup.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It also looks like the new Elantra Sport comes stock with 18" wheels.

If you happen to know the name of the user who installed 18" aftermarket wheels (or can dig up the post you mentioned), please let me know. I'd be interested to see photos and see what their opinions are on that setup.
I'm so new here that I can't post links so if you go to the "Post Your Pictures Here" thread, you'll see one on page 31 (post5183202) and one on page 34 (post5361849).

·
Registered
388 Posts
My 2017 Elantra GL came with the 16" wheels. From my research, these specific wheels have a width of 6.5" and an offset of 50mm. The tires are 205/55/16.

I'm curious what other wheel/tire sizes come stock on the other trim levels, and what others' experiences are with each size.
I believe there is a thread here about someone putting 18" wheels on a 2017 Elantra, but I can't find it at the moment. I did find this one though and I think they're the same wheels:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/lf-2015-sonata-i45/558898-custom-wheels.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm so new here that I can't post links so if you go to the "Post Your Pictures Here" thread, you'll see one on page 31 (post5183202) and one on page 34 (post5361849).
Thanks for digging these up for me. I'm new here too – nice to meet you.

Seems like discount tire or tirerack has all the information you need to change wheels. Can even give them a call.
I definitely used both of these sites while doing research. I will most likely be ordering from a Canadian company called PMCtire that has good prices on wheel and tire packages (free mounting and balancing), and free shipping.

In this website you just enter your Car manufacturer, model and year and select custom wheels. The options will then show up and you then click on the wheel of your choice and the matching sizes show up for selection:

You can also select tires to go with the wheels.
This is cool. For others reading this, I also found a very useful site called Wheel-Size.com that has lots of information and some handy tools.

I believe there is a thread here about someone putting 18" wheels on a 2017 Elantra, but I can't find it at the moment. I did find this one though and I think they're the same wheels:
Very nice setup on that guy's Sonata. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts