Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL 2.0T
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm approaching 25,000 miles and they still look good. I'm just wondering how many miles people got out of them prior to changing (not counting the ones that just didn't like them and changed them at 2000 miles).

·
Registered
936 Posts
Replaced my Hankook's at 42,000 miles. They still had good tread but were getting too noisy and the right rear had several puncture repairs in it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Currently at 29K and according to my last rotation, at 6/32". I "should" see about 40K at the end.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We are at 40K on ours, I just had rotation/alignment completed the results are 4/32s all around. I plan on replacing them in a few months; just a lot of big projects on-going right now. They are noisy as mentioned by others

·
Registered
209 Posts
My wife got a little over 36k out of the Hankook's. We replaced them with Continental DSW06's and we have noticed a definite improvement in ride and drive. They also seem a lot quieter than the Hankook's

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm curious what actual tires came stock on your cars. That will affect the wear.

My 2017 (Mar/31/17) SE w/ Popular Package came with Kumho Crugen Premium 225-60/17 tires.

I'm not even at 2900 miles yet, so I can't help with how long they're going to last.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm curious what actual tires came stock on your cars. That will affect the wear.

My 2017 (Mar/31/17) SE w/ Popular Package came with Kumho Crugen Premium 225-60/17 tires.

I'm not even at 2900 miles yet, so I can't help with how long they're going to last.
I had the same exact tires. I took them to 40k miles, but they were getting loud and were at about 4/32nds and it was November. So I decided to get new tires due to snow. But if it were summer, I would have driven them another couple months, probably close to 50k-60k miles before replacement.

Replaced them with General Altimax RT43's, T rated for a softer ride. They're excellent, very quiet, did well in the snow(better than Crugens) and the ride is indeed softer, great for highway trips and my long commute. Handling is still decent. I'm at about 12k miles on them now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the 19" Kumho Crugen as well. I run winters in the snow season, so it's hard to give an exact milage number, but I think it's about 30,000Km.

I was thinking a I needed new tires ... were getting very noisy. Took it to the dealer and he found that a front bearing needed replacement. I need to go back next week and have that done ... nice to have a warranty issue and not an expensive, new set of rubber.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I got rid of my Hankooks at 24,000 miles. Fair amount of tread left but they were so noisy you would have thought a bad wheel bearing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts