Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a heck of a time finding any info on this stereo. I'll skip to my questions on this HU. Two tweeters, can't even hear them, four crappy speakers, hardly feel the bump with your knee on the door panel. Would this be the 172 watt HU divided by 6 channels for a whopping 28.6 watts per channel? Is this unit set up for 4 ohm or 2 ohm output? I was looking at a set of Polk audio db 561 marine certified coax speakers, 4 ohm, 92 db sensitivity speakers with silk polymer adjustable angle tweeters and leave the stock tweeters in line just for resistance on their outputs. Do you see any flaws in this route to economy durable upgrade? I want better sound and volume.

TIA,

·
Registered
111 Posts
Check out the sticky up top with regarding Audio threads. It has a link in there that covers replacing the speakers without adding an amp. I think it covers wattage and ohms too ;)

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Not sure why you would want to use marine speakers in a car. Did you find a really good deal?

·
Registered
180 Posts
You're not really going to get any spectacular results without amping them. You can run some 2ohm speakers to get a bit more output from the stock stereo. Theres no need to keep the stock tweeters, if anything it would throw off the frequency response.

My recommendation; follow this thread. They're cheap on Amazon and many have gone down this route with great success.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-md-2011-elantra/128688-component-speaker-install.html

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some guy, $62.00 a pair and with the temp and moisture extremes here I liked the concept of nice sounding and more durable.

Steelicious, I did a bit of reading in there and elsewhere.

SLT, half again more money, crossovers to mess with, wiring debacles, didnt look like something I wanted to do in the near future. As for mismatching resistance and the inherent heat issues I was reading about that even matched 2 ohm generates and the recommended wiring changes I don't want to go there either.

Thanks for your responses,

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
That's not a bad deal. I paid about that for some 6.5 comps with crossovers and tweeters. Not the infinity brand like the masses but an off brand and they sound much better than stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts