Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Looking to upgrade my stock speakers, but looking for some that are pretty much plug and play with the original system. Basically, I am fine with basic wiring, but I don't wish to upgrade to an amp, sub, Head unit or anything else. Looking to do both the front and back speakers, and wish to spend $150 or less, total. I have a basic 2013 sonata. I know absolutely nothing about sound systems but wish to get better sound quality out of the stock system by upgrading the speakers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
First thing I did to my 2012 Turbo with navigation was change the door speakers. Got the JBL GT0638 which are three ways. Sounds better than the originals. Also got he wire adapters from Crutchfield.

·
Registered
592 Posts
First thing I did to my 2012 Turbo with navigation was change the door speakers. Got the JBL GT0638 which are three ways. Sounds better than the originals. Also got he wire adapters from Crutchfield.
Im not a big crutchfield buyer as I can find prices much lower elsewhere but in your case informed, I agree with reus49 only because you are a complete novice and crutchfield will supply you with what they call master sheets and any needed plugs to keep your wiring uncut. The master sheets will guide you through the tear down and installation which is very helpful if you have never popped body panels apart before. You can even talk with an advisor for more information or needed parts. But, our hyundai's have really simple and in my opinion, intuitive designed body parts when it comes down to tear down. May I suggest buying some of the non scratch panel popping tools. Gone are the days of using flat head screwdrivers, lol. Have fun and take it slow!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you notice a big difference in sound? I thought the stock speakers already sound quite well after playing around with the equalizer settings.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I frankly believe that it sounds better. These are three way speakers and the quality is much, much better than he oem. Also the install is quite easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts