Hyundai Forums banner

Stock Horn and Alarm horn Replacement Sonata 2013

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  loanguy24 
#1 ·
I know there are a few threads here with all of us Sonata owners that hate the horns on our car. I bought a brand new 2013 in July and first thing i noticed was that wimpy alarm horn. Thanks to one of the forum members here custompainter99, i went out to the junk yard this past weekend and bought a pair of Crown Vic horns.

When i took off the grille, I noticed the horn was upgraded but still not loud enough. Here are pictures of how it turned out.

Sorry i did not take pictures of step by step and of the stock horn before i removed it.

Refer to the picture and you can see were I replaced the stock horn that was behind the grille in place of the stock wimpy alarm horn by the strut tower. Plugs are identical, so it plugged right in.

As for the stock horn plug, i cut it, soldered the ford plug and hooked everything up. Looks like stock and sounds LOUD!

I am thinking about getting another set and replacing the Alarm horn with a FORD horn.:beer:

Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions! Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Engine

Auto part Vehicle Engine Automotive exterior Car

Headlamp Radiator Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Vehicle Radiator Car Auto part

Antique Screw Metal Furniture Hardware accessory

Vehicle Auto part Car Engine Automotive exterior

Auto part Vehicle Engine Tire Automotive tire

Light Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Headlamp

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Grille Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
I own a 2013 SE, is the horn different than the GLS? My horn isn't German tone but not bad also the alarm also beeps.

#3 ·
I am not sure to be honest if they are different or not. Maybe someone here with an SE or Limited can Let us know?

The stock horn was a single tone horn as you can see in the picture where i replaced the Alarm horn by the strut tower. It's okay for now but i will be upgrading it later for another set of Crown Vic horns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.