Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2003 Elantra. Lately I realized that at times there is some kind of stink coming from the AC (smells like a dead animal or sometimes like the public toilet :puzzled:). The stink doesnt come all the time I run the AC but mostly comes when I run the AC on max. Does anyone know what the reason for the stink is and how that can be fixed. Thanks in advance

Regards
Sid

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Sid1980 @ Jun 16 2010, 10:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333440
Hi,

I have a 2003 Elantra. Lately I realized that at times there is some kind of stink coming from the AC (smells like a dead animal or sometimes like the public toilet :puzzled:). The stink doesnt come all the time I run the AC but mostly comes when I run the AC on max. Does anyone know what the reason for the stink is and how that can be fixed. Thanks in advance

Regards
Sid

Thats easy - clean the cowl at bottom of windshield so it dont draw in lawn/shrub/tree debris :thumbsup:

If you gots a filter, change it... if not, clean what you can get out of the HVAC box, and install filter to tray, and keep cowl/hood area clean... dump a can of LYSOL into the HVAC to try to kill fungus..

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts