Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have push-button start. Some mornings, the brake pedal feels stiff when I tap it to start the car. As soon as the car starts, it feels normal again.

Have any of you guys noticed this?

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
My Gen Coupe is like this. May be vacuum bleeding down from the booster when the car is off. Check the check valve. But unless I'm on a steep angle where I really need a lot of brake I don't worry about it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have push-button start. Some mornings, the brake pedal feels stiff when I tap it to start the car. As soon as the car starts, it feels normal again.

Have any of you guys noticed this?
Yes my 2012 is the same. I believe it is the vacuum leaking down overnight. The dealer said there’s no problem. Has never really caused an issue yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Certainly is a sign of failure, don't pay any attention to the BS on this site.

"Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2017 Elantra vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the brake booster may fail, resulting in a loss of power brake assist. Hyundai has notified owners, and dealers will replace the brake system booster assembly, free of charge. The recall began on February 6, 2017.
2017 HYUNDAI ELANTRA 4 DR FWD | NHTSA

https://www.nhtsa.gov › vehicle › 2017 › HYUNDAI › ELANTRA › FWD"

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have had three push-button start vehicles, of three different manufacturers, and have driven a number of other Hyundais with pushbutton start. They all do this. If you get in a vehicle that doesn't have a pushbutton start and hit the brake pedal before you start it, you will also get this. Normal operation.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Certainly is a sign of failure, don't pay any attention to the BS on this site.

"Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2017 Elantra vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the brake booster may fail, resulting in a loss of power brake assist. Hyundai has notified owners, and dealers will replace the brake system booster assembly, free of charge. The recall began on February 6, 2017.
2017 HYUNDAI ELANTRA 4 DR FWD | NHTSA
https://www.nhtsa.gov › vehicle › 2017 › HYUNDAI › ELANTRA › FWD"
I had this recall done on my '17. Caused me a 2 week delay in delivery

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Shouldn't loose vacuum over night unless ther is a leak or faulty booster. A few days yes that's OK. Try holding your foot on the pedal with the engine running. Turn it off and there should be no pedal pushback. If it does your booster is leaking or a faulty OW valve. Thats how we test for a cars annual safety inspection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts