Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 08 Limited AWD with 100K miles on it and now, with the colder weather I can't turn the switch without the key in the morning?? Worn switch? Needs lube? Needs new switch? It always did not need the key in before and once the interior is warm it's fine,,and it's going to get colder!! Any suggestions?? Thanks

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Try couple quick shot of PB Blaster into the key slot.. worst case, pull cylinder out and let locksmith give it a once over.

Is the key in good condition ? If key aged/worn, have dealer cut new key blank using Hyundai code, do use poor key to make another poor key.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Is the key in good condition ? If key aged/worn, have dealer cut new key blank using Hyundai code, do NOT use poor key to make another poor key.
just clarifying the above statement. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try couple quick shot of PB Blaster into the key slot.. worst case, pull cylinder out and let locksmith give it a once over.

Is the key in good condition ? If key aged/worn, have dealer cut new key blank using Hyundai code, do use poor key to make another poor key.
This is the electronic switch that you can put the fob into or just turn the switch, not an actual key start switch,,

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have this problem time to time and linked it to the proximity sensor/fob; but never under the same circumstances/conditions. I never went any further with figuring out if it was the fob or the vehicle itself. Now, I have notice that lately with a fresh set of batteries in the fob it does it less often.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have this problem time to time and linked it to the proximity sensor/fob; but never under the same circumstances/conditions. I never went any further with figuring out if it was the fob or the vehicle itself. Now, I have notice that lately with a fresh set of batteries in the fob it does it less often.
Will replace the battery, probably brats tearing the dash apart.. Thx

·
Registered
103 Posts
My Veracruz has this problem in cold weather if parked with the front wheels pointed any direction other than dead forward. Requires a strong tug on the steering wheel to release the wheel/lock.

Also happens if me or my wife also has the fob to her Lexus in our pocket when we try to start the Cruz.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts