Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Santa Fe 2.4L with a stick shift. Today I could not shift from first to second gear. When I tried shifting to second, it jammed. So I had to shift from first to third. I drove
in third and even fourth for about six miles. When I had to stop again, the second gear started working normally.

On the way home, the same problem happened. Again it jammed going from first to second. This time I was on a country road, so I just drove in first awhile and then finally I could shift from first to second.

I cannot figure out if this is a clutch problem or a transmission problem or if I might need more clutch fluid. I hope it is not the beginning of something serious.

Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nellie

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
The likelihood is you need to bleed the clutch hydraulics. Nobody ever does it. It's a really common problem. Start there first. Clutch fluid should always be crystal clean.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (jsinton @ Jun 23 2010, 09:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335721
The likelihood is you need to bleed the clutch hydraulics. Nobody ever does it. It's a really common problem. Start there first. Clutch fluid should always be crystal clean.
Thank you so much, jsinton, for answering me on this problem. Now I know what to take care of first.

I am getting a lot out of this site. Glad I found it.

Nellie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts