Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2007 Sonata Limited and would like to replace my infinity stereo with one from an 08 or 09. Has anyone done this? I'm just trying to have an aux input and/or Bluetooth setup without installing one of those ugly DIN receivers or spending a fortune on an aftermarket 7" touch screen thing.

Any reply would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
442 Posts
09 will not work 08 is the same is yours. If u want an input and want to keep your stock HU get an FM modulator

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I currently have an in-line modulator installed along with a Bluetooth receiver but I am not satisfied with the sound quality. And you are saying the 08 HU is the exact same model as 07?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Pretty much .. the only other thing u can do if find the plug that turns the xm into an aux but you'll loose your sat radio.. an im not to sure how the quality will be.

·
Registered
207 Posts
get an aftermarket headunit. I have Pioneer FH-X700BT which is pretty cheap and has a lot of features and is more powerfull than a factory HU

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow dude yeah that's the exact unit I've been lookin at. I think that is the direction I will go. Do you know if they have a grey or tan dash kit? My interior is the tan leather with wood grain and I don't think I can handle that black trim lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
get an aftermarket headunit. I have Pioneer FH-X700BT which is pretty cheap and has a lot of features and is more powerfull than a factory HU
Hey, that's another question I have. Will a HU like this be more powerful than the 07 Infinity "premium" system? I heard the only diff betw the Infinity and the Mach is the 6 disc changer and the actual speakers are upgraded. But the amp is the same? I really don't want to lose any power. Isn't there a separate amp for the rear subwoofer? Do you know if that causes any complications? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions haha.

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts