Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...another trip to the dealer... :whistling:

Was outta town visiting family and the day we are to return, the stereo takes a dump. Five hours on the road without music was torture.

So anyways...here's what's happening. I power up the stereo and the display reads as normal. I see FM/AM stations, CD loads and lists contents,
plug in the I-pod and scan through the menus...just no sound!

For the record...it's not on 'mute' and the volume is set at 1/3.

I figure it's pooched...anyone have this happen?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hoping that it's only a disconnected wire. I had it in to the dealer to have the immobilizer antenna coil replaced....maybe something got yanked under the dash.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
The display on my OEM Monsoon deck in my '04 occasionally cuts out but when it does so, it responds as if the unit is off even though sound is still coming out. None of the preset or function buttons work, only the power button works. My low-tech solution? Smack the side of the center stack. Works every time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Jul 8 2010, 01:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339720
The display on my OEM Monsoon deck in my '04 occasionally cuts out but when it does so, it responds as if the unit is off even though sound is still coming out. None of the preset or function buttons work, only the power button works. My low-tech solution? Smack the side of the center stack. Works every time. :thumbsup:
Hahaha...I'm not ashamed to admit...I did try that today...it didn't work.... :angry:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's finally going in to have the head unit replaced on tuesday...VERY annoying not having tunes in the SF!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts