Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a 2000 Tiburon that already had an aftermarket Clarion single DIN radio.
It looks like whoever installed the head unit bought a plug n play harness as no wires were cut. There's an ~8inch long wiring harness that connects what i'm assuming is the stock hyundai connector to the clarion unit.

The clarion unit appeared dead and i had a spare kenwood radio so i tapped into that wiring harness and basically replaced the clarion connector for my kenwood one and this head unit doesn't turn on either.

I know for sure this one works, so i started looking at fuses and saw one that mentionned "Audio" in the fuse box inside the car but the fuse looks great. Any idea what's wrong?

Maybe the radio takes it's power from another fuse? The speaker wires were easy to identify, i then joined the black with black, yellow with yellow and red with red. I just searched the forum and didn't find much, other than something about a pink wire being the 12v switched on power source?

any help is really appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
using ALLDATA's Diagnosis and Repair option i read that the audio received battery voltage from the BI ALARM fuse to maintain memory and that fuse 14 supplies voltage when the ign in on ACC or ON

i'll check that out tonight

1 - 2 of 2 Posts