Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there put their own stereo in a 200 model Accent? I am looking to put my CD Deck in the car since it has speakers allready. Could you please advise me how to go about removing the dash etc...

(Note to all of you out there, don't buy the car with a stereo in it. Save yourself the money. Hyundai manufactures the car with speakers, so when you buy the stereo you are simply paying for the deck.)

Thanks
Rickards

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the old model accent, but if the dash is the same then i know how you can get into it. I don't know how you will fix the new stereo's cage though, as mine i had trouble with.

Remove your ash tray from the dash and there should be two screws hidden at the top of the hole it was in. Undo these screws and now comes the tricky part. You will have to get some leverage on the controls panel and pull out each corner of it as there are spring loaded clips at each corner. Once its off you will probably want to unclip things like your clock and AC buttons at the back, just remember not to force the clips too much as they can snap (learned the hard way). the factory unit will be attached by a bracket on each side, held in by 2 screws. remove these and out comes the old unit.

As i said i dont know how to fit your new stereo, but remember that you will need a block to adjust the accents factory wires to fit your new stereo. You've probably got one but if you haven't head to your local car shop, they should have a catalogue of them to suit your car, just ask and they will sort one out for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am attempting to install a new deck into my 05 Accent. I have been able to get the Dash loose, but I cannot get it completely off, or even to a point where I can work on the stereo unit. It seems I am having trouble with the area near the Air conditioning controls. It sounds like there are some clips or something from the post above, but I was wondering if these are the same in the 05 model, and if so how I might locate them, maybe what the look like. Iv'e just been searching around underneath it all and do not know which to unlatch or unclip, and I don't want to screw something up. I'd appreciate any help here.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi,

If my experience is anything to go by, what is holding your crash pad are the clear plastic tubes attached to the back of the A/C controls.

You will have to prise them off CAREFULLY and the crash pad should release.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andrew B) .

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the same "wont let go" problem when I removed my center console when I put an after market cd player in mine. I broke my selector line (face, face/feet, defrost, etc.) so BE CAREFULL!! I found that removing the cup holder slide gets you just enough room to shimmy your hands in there and then remove the 4 screws that attach the A/C panel to the center console, some of wich are facing toward you (backwards) and get that entire A/C console apart from the the body of that center panel, kinda just leaving it there resting in its place with lines and all attached, allowing you to do what you're trying to do. It was so -almost not worth the trouble, that I didnt put those 4 screws back in attaching the A/C console to center panel. Now I've upgraded my stereo about 4 or 5 times since then and its as easy as legos whenever I need to get back there to work on it. All stays in place, never had any problem with any falling out or moving around in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts