Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently connecting my JVC X340bts cables to my Metra 70-7301 Receiver Wiring Harness.

Here are my questions:

**Orange to Orange/White, is this ok?
**Yellow to Yellow, car side mentions "Memory" so is this connection ok?
**Red to Red, car side mentions "ACC" so is this connection ok?
**LightBlue/Yellow, stereo side steering wheel adapter, do I just leave this wire loose and secure the end?
**Do I need to connect the blue/white cable from the stereo to the blue cable of the receiver harness? It seems connecting blue/white to blue/white will not work since I don't have an AMP.

THANKS so much for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,099 Posts
**Orange to Orange/White, is this ok?
**Yellow to Yellow, car side mentions "Memory" so is this connection ok?
**Red to Red, car side mentions "ACC" so is this connection ok?
These connections seem to be correct.....according to your attached info, at least.

Darted450 said:
**LightBlue/Yellow, stereo side steering wheel adapter, do I just leave this wire loose and secure the end?
Yes, just insulate the end of the wire and leave it disconnected if you don't have steering wheel controls.

Darted450 said:
**Do I need to connect the blue/white cable from the stereo to the blue cable of the receiver harness? It seems connecting blue/white to blue/white will not work since I don't have an AMP
If you don't have an amp, or an electric aerial, you can just insulate the end of this wire and leave it disconnected too.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Stereo connections can be confusing:

Orange/Orange/White - Orange/White on the radio is used for illumination. It is looking for 12V when the headlights/parking lights are on and will dim the display when it sees this. If your OEM radio lights up with the dash lights at night, connect this wire. If the OEM radio dims with the dash dimmer switch, you might be better to leave this wire loose on both the radio and the car harness.

Yellow - Connect to Yellow - this is 12V constant. On older radios, it was memory, on newer radios it is power, but it doesn't make much difference.

Red - Connect to Red - this is 12V Switched or 12V ACC. On older radios, it was power. On newer radios, it is essentially remote turn on, but it doesn't make much difference.

Blue/white on the JVC is used for either the power antenna, the remote OEM or JVC Amp, or maybe an antenna booster. usually doesn't hurt to connect it, but you find that the blue/white Metra wire doesn't go anywhere in the OEM harness so it still doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For anybody reading this, I recommend you buy your stereo head unit from Crutchfield because they will give you a complimentary wiring harness adapter for your particular car. Their prices are also the lowest, just like the would be on Amazon or Walmart. Then the only wiring issues you will have will be in the doors where your speakers are and you won't have to do deal with any wiring issues behind the head unit itself.

If you buy your stereo from other places, you will have to buy a separate wiring harness for your vehicle or try to figure out the wire colors yourself and splice wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts