Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I noticed today that the bass from the Infinity stereo in my Santa Fe was making my passenger door rattle pretty bad. I haven't noticed this before (maybe it was from the cold weather?)

has anyone taken off their inner door panels and fixed the rattle? I read a few threads that made it sound like people just took them to the dealer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used it before and it is both expensive and makes your doors heavier. Anyone find any certain part of the door that causes the rattle? Door lock/handle hardware perhaps?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
you may need to check the speaker itself and make sure the screws that hold into place are nice and tight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't looked yet but how hard is it to take the speaker grill off, or is it fixed to the rest of the door panel?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Most are inclusive to the door panel. The speakers are riveted to the inner door panel on all I have worked on. Is it rattling or blown speaker?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it sounds like the bass is rattling something else inside the door actually. The speaker is fine.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The little plastic covers [hiding the screws] in my doors would rattle...put a little foam inside and the rattle is gone.

Try pushing on them during the rattles, see if it helps?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot to update this but after removing the door panels it appears that the rattles are coming from inside the door behind the metal that I can't get at. Only by applying a lot of pressure to a certain part of the metal was I able to get the vibration to stop. I don't know if sound deadening material will cure this issue or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts