Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are the stereo buttons on my Sonata totally black at night? Helllooo buttons... can't see you. Shouldn't the text light up when my headlights are on? Is there a switch somewhere? thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
The lights on the stereo go hand in handwhen you turn on the head lights, so to answer your question they should light up.
I drove a loaner Santa Fe and the power door lock and window lock buttons light up, but on my 11 Sonata GLS they do not, and that was the same for my 2008 Tiburon; weird.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
QUOTE (gbavero @ Nov 11 2010, 09:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370824
The lights on the stereo go hand in handwhen you turn on the head lights, so to answer your question they should light up.
I drove a loaner Santa Fe and the power door lock and window lock buttons light up, but on my 11 Sonata GLS they do not, and that was the same for my 2008 Tiburon; weird.

mine is a different trim level, but all my buttons (less trunk/fuel release) light up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chances are your headlights aren't on automatic, your DRL are on and you haven't noticed you actually don't have your headlights on. When I test drove mine I noticed that midway through the drive that the lights weren't on automatic, once I switched them, got all the lights on.

·
Registered
343 Posts
On the left side of the dash board near steering wheel is a rocker switch for the light dimmer. Push and hold it to the right and your dashboard and steering wheel lights will get brighter, push and hold it to the left and they'll get dimmer. The trip computer will show you the general intensity level as you adjust them. Give that a try before worrying it might be an electrical issue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Sonata only has one rheostat to control both white instrument lights and blue everything else lights so if you dim the white instrument lights to a dim setting, you can't even read the blue lights or the status screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts