Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any sites where I can get a steering wheel cover that will fit the 2012 Accent?All the one's I have found so far say they will fit a 14.5-15.5in wheel....All the one's I have tried are slopy on the wheel.

Thanks n advance

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just an honest question; why do you want one? I think the "leather" wrapped wheel looks killer and even here in Texas stays relatively cool when parked in the sun.

But if you're still interested, try amazon, vatozone, pep boys, o'reillys, napa or fleebay.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just an honest question; why do you want one? I think the "leather" wrapped wheel looks killer and even here in Texas stays relatively cool when parked in the sun.

But if you're still interested, try amazon, vatozone, pep boys, o'reillys, napa or fleebay.
I bet the leather wrapped steering wheel does look nice, just wish i had one. Mine came with a plastic this piece of junk because i got the gs not the se.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Have you tried www.wheelskins.com? They don't list the 2012 Accent on the site yet but its possible they already know the size if you give them a call. They also show how to properly measure the wheel so you can tell them a size and than make a custom fit skin for your wheel. I installed a 2 tone skin on my 2010 Accent GS and the difference in feel was well worth the effort installing it. It feels much thicker and more comfortable in your hand.

Reactions: Red Raspberry

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Have you tried www.wheelskins.com? They don't list the 2012 Accent on the site yet but its possible they already know the size if you give them a call. They also show how to properly measure the wheel so you can tell them a size and than make a custom fit skin for your wheel. I installed a 2 tone skin on my 2010 Accent GS and the difference in feel was well worth the effort installing it. It feels much thicker and more comfortable in your hand.
+1 to wheelskins...I have pics if you want them too :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am ecstatic because I finally found one that fits well on these tiny steering wheels. It looks like the one below, but I got a gray one. And I bought it Autozone and it fit great. Good luck!

Link: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Action-Grip-Steering-Wheel-Cover/dp/B000E3AP08/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320445236&sr=8-2[/ame]

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I'm looking into this also for a gray interior Accent.

So far, what I have found:

The wheel is about 14.5-inch diameter, but thin.

The Wal-Mart covers that say 14.5-15.5 inch diameter will not fit - about a half-inch gap at the bottom if you mount it tight at the top.

I didn't see anything compatible at AutoZone or Pep Boys or O'Reilly's.

Advance has an Autocraft Line with covers that fit that say "Fits 15-inch or smaller wheels"

There are three that I like, but nothing that is perfect:

AC48204B - AutoCraft Plain No Logo Black Steering Wheel Cover AC48204B: Advance Auto Parts - This is smooth black (faux) leather. About what I want. Would look great in a black interior. The gray wheel is charcoal and so is the upper dash, but I might go with it anyway.

AC2021G - Buy AutoCraft SWC, SPORT, GREY AC2021G at Advance Auto Parts - This blends in with the interior better, it is perforated (faux) leather. I like it, except it has little carbon fiber inserts at 2:00, 4:00, 8:00, and 10:00. Not crazy about those and they are right where my hand grips go. I could mount them at 11:00, 1:00, 5:00, 7:00, but I think that would look funny. It it were perforated all around, it would be fine.

AC39731G - AutoCraft Grey Contour Steering Wheel Cover AC39731G: Advance Auto Parts - this looks better in person, it is charcoal perforated leather, but I'm not crazy about the cutouts - looks like some of the wheel was gauged out.

AC38455G - AutoCraft Steering Wheel Cover - Grey Stitch AC38455G: Advance Auto Parts - I think this is a bit too light and also looks like an old person's car.

You can also search for small steering wheel covers on E-bay:
small steering wheel cover | eBay

Or for 13.5 steering wheel covers on E-bay:
13.5 steering wheel cover | eBay

This one looks good:
Car Steering Wheel Cover Gray Leather Small | eBay - but it's $25, and I hate buying something like this unseen - it's hard to say what the actual color, feel, texture of it is, etc.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
A couple other options:

https://www.amazon.com/BDK-SW-709-GR-S-Odorless-Simulated-Steering/dp/B00K7X926I/?ie=UTF8# - Looks good - 172 Reviews, but some say it fits 14-5 and some say it won't - Bdk SW 709 GR s Gray Odorless Simulated Leather Steering Wheel Cover New Fast SH | eBay - Same part number and different pics, one of them must be wrong.

Motor Trend Synthetic-Leather Steering Wheel Cover, Odorless, Size Small 13.5"- 14.5" - Walmart.com - Same part number as Amazon, same picture. I'll likely order this and can return it (or actually just not buy it) if it isn't what I want or expected.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
A couple other options:

https://www.amazon.com/BDK-SW-709-GR-S-Odorless-Simulated-Steering/dp/B00K7X926I/?ie=UTF8# - Looks good - 172 Reviews, but some say it fits 14-5 and some say it won't - Bdk SW 709 GR s Gray Odorless Simulated Leather Steering Wheel Cover New Fast SH | eBay - Same part number and different pics, one of them must be wrong.

Motor Trend Synthetic-Leather Steering Wheel Cover, Odorless, Size Small 13.5"- 14.5" - Walmart.com - Same part number as Amazon, same picture. I'll likely order this and can return it (or actually just not buy it) if it isn't what I want or expected.
Those things are HUGE! I tried a couple but they were just too big. I got one at AutoZone that was thinner.

I wouldn't mind paying $30 for a WheelSkins, but $60 is too much.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
The one I tried in the store said it was for 14.5-15.5. The one above says 13.5 to 14.5. The one at Advance fits. Are you saying the SW-709-GR-S is too big?

(I figured out what is going on with the E-bay ad - the heading says it is the BDK-SW-709-GR-S, but the text and photo are of the BDK-SW-706-GR ...)

But the photo on page 8 here: http://www.bdkauto.com/media/pdf/BDK_Catalog_2015.pdf - looks like it might have ridges on the edge. I E-mailed BDK ...

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Man, they used to make them out of something like saddleblanet cloth, and I really liked them but I can't find them any more.

I wound up getting one at AutoZone that wasn't as thin as the cloth, but not as thick as the others. I tried 2 like you linked to, and a Body Glove model, but it was so big it was almost dangerous!

Inside Grip Steering Wheel Cover Black

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I got the Wal-Mart wheel cover yesterday and really like it so far.

To sum up, there are three known working options for the 14.5 inch Accent steering wheel: MotorTrend/Walmart wheel cover for 13.5-14.5 wheels, Advance Auto Parts cover for "up to 15-inch wheels", wheelskins. Wal-mart and other covers for standard 14.5-15.5 inch wheels are WAY too big.

FIT: The Wal-Mart cover was supposed to fit 13.5-14.5 inch wheels and it wasn't kidding. It was TIGHT to get over the wheel - to the point that I was worried about ripping it, but it finally went on. It isn't coming back off accidentally, and I didn't quite get the seams perfectly where I wanted them and can't slide them back to where I'd like them now. The Advance cover was a slightly looser fit, it was easy to take on and off and could be easily slid to any orientation, but would not easily slide on its own.

Color: The Wal-mart is a medium gray - a bit lighter than the wheel, but matches well with the door panels. The color isn't bad, but it is a bit inconsistent - some parts of the wheel cover were darker than others - hard to describe, but about like if you spray-painted the cover gray and got two coats on most of it, but three in some areas. It isn't a wheelskins, but I wasn't expecting that.

Texture: It's basically a smooth simulated leather, which is what I was looking for.

Overall: For me, this is the best option for the gray interior. I haven't seen it in black, but with a black interior, I would likely go with the AC48204B over this. I really can't evaluate the tan interior or the tan covers enough to make a recommendation, but the Wal-mart cover is available in Tan, as were several of the Advance Auto options.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The one I am using is on amazon but I can't add links yet. Search for 'Pilot SW-101 Genuine Black Leather Steering Wheel Cover' and it is ~$21. It doesn't have any of the bad chemical smells and the leather is thick and seems good quality. After almost 5 years, I still like it. It can be put into the dryer to warm up before it is slipped onto the steering wheel to make that process easier but I just forced it on. I like how it is thick like a racing wheel but maybe it is not for everyone.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Pic of the MotorTrend/Wal-Mart cover installed:
Yawn...oh sheet, TH actually posted a picture of his install (dude, you know I kid).

Don't look now, but you need an alignment next time you see the dealer. Kidding aside, it would so annoy me with the odd position of the cover. I'm surprised you won't add any effort to correct it. Missus TH must get a giggle or two out of this.

Very impressed at just how clean you keep the interior.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts