Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL 2.0T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Santa Fe SEL 2.0T AWD. It’s got 600 miles on it. Curious if this is normal. Steering is smooth as can be over roughly 30 mph. At low speeds, when going over bumps or changes in road surfaces, the steering wheel will jiggle/wobble. For example, backing out of the driveway there is a slight sip. Once the front wheels hit the lip the wheel will pull to the side. I’ve taken it to the dealer and they said it’s totally normal. They even drove me in a different Santa Fe, same model, and it did it too. If this is normal I’ve never seen it in any other car I’ve owned! Honda, Mazda, Jeep, Audi. At certain times this issue is almost dangerous since the wheel just turns when going over something like a speed bump. What’s the verdict, just normal operating for the car? Anyone else experiencing this concern?

·
Registered
215 Posts
At certain times this issue is almost dangerous since the wheel just turns when going over something like a speed bump.
Is the wheel actually turning or are you getting more “feedback” than you are accustomed to? You might also check the tire pressure. A little higher tire pressure might help reduce some of the feedback from driveways and speed bumps.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL 2.0T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the wheel actually turning or are you getting more “feedback” than you are accustomed to? You might also check the tire pressure. A little higher tire pressure might help reduce some of the feedback from driveways and speed bumps.
The wheel actually turns. Whether it’s a speed bump, a dirt road, or a dip on the road, the wheel wants to turn. I’m fine with feedback in the steering wheel but this isn’t that. It almost seems like the electric power steering is working too much and overcompensating at low speeds. Again, over 20-ish MPH never a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts