Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013's steering wheels split open on top this week. As you can see, there are cracks beyond the split, which will probably cause it to split more.

I have not used cleaning chemicals or anything of that sort. My best remedy at the moment is to leather wrap it.

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
That's not good. I'm sure it will continue. I'm also assuming you are out of the warranty period, if not I would definitely be visiting the dealer.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your assumption is correct.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There are a lot of options on EBay....new, used, leather, covers, etc. I would buy a slightly used OEM and have a local independent garage complete the replacement due to the air bag. You could also buy a leather car specific cover and it have it laced professionally at a local car upholstery shop.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wrapped my Honda steering wheel and it looks great. I'll do the same with the Hyundai. It seems that as of now I am the only one with this issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Or you can have it repaired. There are companies out there that can repair vinyl and you will never know it was split. Ask your dealer or local auto detailing shops about anyone doing this in your area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts