Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is very slight play in steering left to right.
noise when driving or going over little bumps on the road.
seems noise is under dash drivers side.
could it be the steering wheel coupler and if so is it dangerous to continue driving.?
Does it cost much to have it repaired ?

sincerely,
tj

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Did mine too, watched about 3 videos and still took me 4 hrs! If the seat wasn't there making a total PITA! Mine only made noise going over a bump, although I could make noise back and forth if I tried.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Did mine too, watched about 3 videos and still took me 4 hrs! If the seat wasn't there making a total PITA! Mine only made noise going over a bump, although I could make noise back and forth if I tried.
I don't see why people say the seat gets in the way, it's a telescoping wheel and the seat moves pretty far back. You can see in the picture that the wheel is on the floor of the car and still has room to spare. How is mine different than yours?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I don't see a description of what you drive? My seat doesn't go back that far either, for whatever reason. I wouldn't want to change the coupler again based on my experience. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I've seen the service manual description and instructions where they remove the entire column and put it on a workbench.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've seen the service manual description and instructions where they remove the entire column and put it on a workbench.
No reason to, kids in shop taking fuse box out,, just more loose connectors to worry about,, peel harness off column, remove stop light switch and move out of way, drop column from cross bar, I use rough 6" piece of 2x4 to prop column/motor, and peel motor off vis 3 torx screw..

I have no desire to race the clock, I have done them in 35 minute, most 45 minute. The ones that make me mad is those with aftermarket box of some sort with wires all balled up and zip strips all over and wires weaved through what I need to remove, I dont get extra to deal with that monkey business

1 - 14 of 14 Posts