Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search but came up empty, perhaps my google-fu is failing me to today..

Got the 09 with XM radio, car has cruise but not the audio controls. From what I could find, the audio controls are about $90 online, now the question is:

Is the wiring for these controls already there? Can I just unsnap the blank bezel, connect the new control pod and snap it in?

I know I could just unsnap the bezel, but my experience with that type of item tells me the fewer times you have to unsnap it the better if you expect it to stay in.

·
Registered
156 Posts
QUOTE (CLBrian @ Aug 4 2010, 11:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347237
I believe he's asking if they left the wiring in the steering wheel for the car audio remote controls. He is also concerned about unseating various plastic bits as they tend to wear out easily and over time don't quite go back together as properly as they once did.

To be honest I don't have a good answer, but my best guess is that it does not contain the wires, as a cost benefit.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
It's very unlikely that the car companies would not fit a feature but spend all the money to equip it and then cheap out on a switch. I can pretty much guarantee you that the wiring loom isn't there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts