Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, theoretically I think the new wheel will bolt up. But you still won't have a working airbag. Airbags go off when they are told, they have no logic inside them.

To get a full SRS system, you'll need the clockspring, the airbag itself, and the SRS Control module. If you're car is not already wired for airbags, prepare to spend a wire wiring it all up. (Assuming you can even find connectors to fit the airbag and SRS module.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hm so what if i dont want the air bag to work and just want to put that steering will it be possible?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think so. No promises but I don't see different columns listed in hmaservice.com. I may be wrong, best bet is to call whoever is selling the wheel and give you some measurements of the distance between holes, diameters, etc, and compare against what you have.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Pull off your wheel to see how it attaches, then go to a junk yard and pull off the wheel from a model with airbags. (If it doesn't fit, then you'll probably have to take the whole steering column. Of course, if you do this, then you'll have to transplant your lock cylinder which may not be easy...)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx buddy but the problem is that no accent before 2000 came with airbag in Australia so i have to purchase it from ebay thats why i was wondering if someone tried that in canada or usa

1 - 7 of 7 Posts