Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a video review online for the 2018 SFS and they showed steering mode. Not the eco/sport/normal driving mode but an actual "Steering Mode" that showed up in the console screen when they changed it.

I don't see that on mine, am I missing something?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess they dropped it for 2017/2018. Funny thing was, the video was supposedly a review for a 2018.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Owner's manuals and even the Shop Manuals we receive to repair vehicles are not always accurate or up to date.

·
Registered
44 Posts
From what I gathered is, that has been dropped in 2017/2018. Pre-2017, it just changes the steering feel/weight.

2017/2018 now has the "drive mode" button on the left side of the dash. That button switches between normal, eco, and sport. It actually changes throttle and transmission shift points. On my 2018, I didn't see any actual MPG difference in eco mode. maybe less than 1MPG difference. I keep it in Normal mode most of the time.

·
Registered
360 Posts
From what I gathered is, that has been dropped in 2017/2018. Pre-2017, it just changes the steering feel/weight.

2017/2018 now has the "drive mode" button on the left side of the dash. That button switches between normal, eco, and sport. It actually changes throttle and transmission shift points. On my 2018, I didn't see any actual MPG difference in eco mode. maybe less than 1MPG difference. I keep it in Normal mode most of the time.
Drive mode button also changes the steering wheel feel when in sport mode.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drive mode button also changes the steering wheel feel when in sport mode.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I didn't notice a different last time I had it in Sport mode. Guess I will have to change modes and use the steering wheel a bit more and see if I can eek out a slight difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't notice a different last time I had it in Sport mode. Guess I will have to change modes and use the steering wheel a bit more and see if I can eek out a slight difference.
In my 17, it is a very significant difference in feeling. Is it "better"? Not my thing, but it's very pronounced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts