Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the regular YF forum but thought I'd cross-post here, too.

I'm thinking of having the electronic steering settings changed when I visit my dealer for my next oil change (mine came with a lifetime package). Several other people on the forum have had their settings changed to reduce the amount of assist and have it feel more like a traditional hydraulic assist. After reading through this thread, it looks we have four options:

GLS
Hard
Soft
Sport

For those that have toyed around with this, does Hard or Sport have the least amount of assist? Has anyone been able to A/B these?

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
I've got the same car as you do! Interesting question as I was wondering the same.

Wonder what the difference between the hard and sport would be!

·
Registered
330 Posts
The modes are soft, normal for GLS and Limited and SE has soft and hard.

I have a SE 2.0T, I had my EPS mode changed from SE Soft to SE Hard. This is a dealer software change only. When I was checking in the Service Desk the guy said I probably may not feel a big difference but he was he wrong. The EPS almost has 'feel', I like the slight harder parking lot effort (do not worry if you are changing, there is more than enough steering assist) and I really like the highway solid feel and no more wandering.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Originally had my car set to SE Soft (Normal I think is what is listed in GDS system) and it did wander like others have posted here. Also had a severe left pull issue even after having the camber bolt recall done 3 years ago.

Now have it on SE Hard (Sport in GDS) and it steers a lot better. Although it seems to wander just as much if not more now. However, I did get new tires a while back and I would attribute the wandering to them more than the steering setting.

Dealer should be able to hook you up no charge but its not something covered by warranty...FYI

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
More power to ya. It's your car and you should enjoy the setting of preference. When I complained about pulling to the left the traveling service boy changed mine to the harsh setting w/o telling me. Then refused to change it back to the original "soft" LTD setting. YMMV

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've changed the setting from low to high today at the nearest dealdership. they charged me $65 because my car was out of new vehicle warranty.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
The change is done as a one-time courtesy and depends on the dealer. Its not a warranty service, per se, unless the rack itself required some repair.

And yea, they usually won't change it back unless you pay for it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I argued that it was a 10 min simple free-of-charge job, but the dealership I visited insisted that my car was out of new vehicle warranty. I did not want to waste my time so I just paid. I feel like the change is worth the price though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2019 Santa Fe SE used to give my steering wheel a little nudge whenever I got too close to the white line. I messed with the settings and selected "Factory Settings". Now no longer gives me beeps or nudges. How can I get that back?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
My 2019 Santa Fe SE used to give my steering wheel a little nudge whenever I got too close to the white line. I messed with the settings and selected "Factory Settings". Now no longer gives me beeps or nudges. How can I get that back?
You might want to post this here: Santa Fe 2019+

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was in the 2019 Santa Fe forum. But when I searched for my question, it took me somewhere different to post my question. Not my fault.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
This isn't the same problem that you have anyway!? You're looking for "steering feedback".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts